50 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By mrorange2108, Member on 1st July 2019, 08:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2019, 08:46 PM |#2  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 415

More
flash-all (minus -w) worked fine on my Wife's P3. Magisk 19.3 is working fine, and twrp-3.3.0-0-blueline installs (using ramdisk install method) and dycripts fine as long as you haven't done a full wipe since a couple of Google builds ago when a new install wouldn't decrypt.
The Following User Says Thank You to sliding_billy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sliding_billy Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 04:33 AM |#3  
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 17

More
public WiFi sign in issue not solved yet.
2nd July 2019, 07:00 AM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy

flash-all (minus -w) worked fine on my Wife's P3. Magisk 19.3 is working fine, and twrp-3.3.0-0-blueline installs (using ramdisk install method) and dycripts fine as long as you haven't done a full wipe since a couple of Google builds ago when a new install wouldn't decrypt.

What is "using ramdisk install method" ?
2nd July 2019, 07:47 AM |#5  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahmi182

What is "using ramdisk install method" ?

That is the permanent TWRP install method that was mentioned a couple of months ago when TWRP said that they would no longer be doing the .zip installers soon. From the main screen in TWRP (after launching the fastboot boot .img), got to advanced and you will see a ramdisk install link. Use that to install the .img (make sure to put the .img on your phone before running it from fastboot) of TWRP permanently.
The Following User Says Thank You to sliding_billy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sliding_billy Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 09:30 AM |#6  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:

That is the permanent TWRP install method that was mentioned a couple of months ago when TWRP said that they would no longer be doing the .zip installers soon. From the main screen in TWRP (after launching the fastboot boot .img), got to advanced and you will see a ramdisk install link. Use that to install the .img (make sure to put the .img on your phone before running it from fastboot) of TWRP permanently.

Have link for that?
2nd July 2019, 11:15 AM |#7  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahmi182

Have link for that?

It has been discussed on the P3 and P3XL TWRP forums, but here is the original article.

https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-3-0-release/
2nd July 2019, 03:38 PM |#8  
Flag Southern IL USA
Thanks Meter: 260

More
No problem installing the July update and Magisk using my ol' pre-patch the boot image method. I've forgotten how to get the device certified in the Play Store now that you can't clear data for it anymore (it shows 0 storage used). I already have it hidden in Magisk. Does it just take some time to refresh the certified status?
2nd July 2019, 06:25 PM |#9  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX321

No problem installing the July update and Magisk using my ol' pre-patch the boot image method. I've forgotten how to get the device certified in the Play Store now that you can't clear data for it anymore (it shows 0 storage used). I already have it hidden in Magisk. Does it just take some time to refresh the certified status?

The issue of not being able to clear Play Store cache and data (gray buttons) is likely caused by a Magisk module. It is for me on the 3XL, and in my case it is Edge Sense. Try disabling your modules and reboot. You should be able to clear data and re-enable your modules.
2nd July 2019, 06:44 PM |#10  
Flag Southern IL USA
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Quote:

The issue of not being able to clear Play Store cache and data (gray buttons) is likely caused by a Magisk module. It is for me on the 3XL, and in my case it is Edge Sense. Try disabling your modules and reboot. You should be able to clear data and re-enable your modules.

Ah, I'm using Edge Sense, too. Although since my earlier post I manually cleared the Play Store data with the package manager (pm clear com.android.vending). Now I guess I just have to wait for it to refresh the certified status (and my list of installed apps).
The Following User Says Thank You to CSX321 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CSX321 Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 06:48 PM |#11  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX321

Ah, I'm using Edge Sense, too. Although since my earlier post I manually cleared the Play Store data with the package manager (pm clear com.android.vending). Now I guess I just have to wait for it to refresh the certified status (and my list of installed apps).

You can get the installed app list back (as well as any updates that aren't showing) by installing something from your library or just some random app. Delete if necessary of course. The certified status is just a matter of waiting. It'll show up randomly in a day or two most likely.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)