Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2019, 03:28 PM |#21  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edemilorhea

Really thanks your answer.

I think I still use PIE, and I will go to root my pixel 3 now, and to study how to Gpay work on Magisk 1.93 now

I saw a lot of person said to use SQL-Edit have to Gpay work on Rooted.

Good deal. The method I mentioned earlier to getting GPay to work is the SQL Edit method. That is what I have been using successfully for a few months. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
3rd July 2019, 04:02 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy

Good deal. The method I mentioned earlier to getting GPay to work is the SQL Edit method. That is what I have been using successfully for a few months. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

SO TWRP-3.3.0-0-PAYTON.IMG install to recovery ramdisk is for what?

I flash in to my phone and my phone just can into recovery can't into system hahahaha.
3rd July 2019, 07:30 PM |#23  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edemilorhea

SO TWRP-3.3.0-0-PAYTON.IMG install to recovery ramdisk is for what?

I flash in to my phone and my phone just can into recovery can't into system hahahaha.

Not sure what the "payton" part of that file name is. The most recent version for the P3 is 'twrp-3.3.0-0-blueline.img.' That version will not decrypt unless you have been running your install for at least a few months and have only done updates and not a full wipe. Google changed a key that the TWRP team has not put out a new version of yet. You need to turn off any PINs, etc before you run or install it so that TWRP will run without encryption. The ramdisk thing is the new method of permanently installing TWRP instead of a .zip file. You put a copy of the same .img file that you use for fastboot boot of TWRP on your device and after running the fastboot boot from your computer command prompt you go to advanced>install recovery ramdisk and choose that file. That version did still have a .zip available to use install but to the end user they do the same thing and the ramdisk method only has you maintaining one file instead of two and from what they have said will be the only way soon in the future.
8th July 2019, 07:20 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Still no July update for me here in Bulgaria (crying) ?!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
8th July 2019, 08:18 PM |#25  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX321

Ah, I'm using Edge Sense, too. Although since my earlier post I manually cleared the Play Store data with the package manager (pm clear com.android.vending). Now I guess I just have to wait for it to refresh the certified status (and my list of installed apps).

Thought you'd get a kick out of this, but there is a way to get certification back sooner if yours hadn't got it yet. I noticed that this was the longest I had ever seen Play Store stay at the same version. Since before last Monday's update even. If you click on the version number at the bottom of settings it will queue up an update to the newest version. Even though as of now none of my other devices have got it yet, my XL picked it up within the hour and updated to an actual new version which showed certification again.
The Following User Says Thank You to sliding_billy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sliding_billy Ad-Free
28th July 2019, 08:38 PM |#26  
West Richland, WA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Is there a step by step method for installing the monthly OTA? I have TWRP installed with Magisk 19.3. For my OnePlus 6t, I used the OTA, followed by TWRP zip. Then reboot to recovery and flash Magisk. Not sure with the new ramdisk method.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)