FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk for Pixel 3

1,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By PuffDaddy_d, Senior Member on 13th October 2018, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Will it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffDaddy_d Ad-Free

13th October 2018, 02:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d

Will it work?

Most probably. The dev has one on order.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonikJDK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TonikJDK Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 03:49 PM |#3  
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 339

More
May not on day one, but I'd expect it very soon.
13th October 2018, 05:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The question is how long will Magisk continue to work. According to an XDA:

Quote:

Full documentation on the Titan Security Module is not yet available, but a few Google engineers have posted Tweets that give us some information. First, in response to a tweet by Dees_Troy, lead developer of TWRP, Google’s tech lead for Android hardware-backed security subsystems, Shawn Willden, states that the new security module will not be used for runtime system analysis. This is important for Magisk users because hardware-backed runtime system analysis would make systemless-root much more difficult. However, Google already opened up an API for the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), so runtime system analysis could still happen in the future (in other words, there could still be bad news for Magisk.)

The Following User Says Thank You to mycall0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mycall0 Ad-Free
14th October 2018, 10:48 PM |#5  
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycall0

The question is how long will Magisk continue to work. According to an XDA:

I wouldn't expect Google to purposely use it to kill Magisk... however I would expect them to make it difficult to be rooted and still pass the SafetyNet check.
The Following User Says Thank You to GldRush98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GldRush98 Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 02:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm just surprised that nobody has confirmed that Magisk works on the P3 yet.

I mean, my phone was delivered this morning, so I assumed that tons of people all over the country were eagerly unlocking bootloaders and flashing away.

But still all quiet here on this thread?
19th October 2018, 02:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
From what I understand, that's because the factory image is only out since a few hours...
19th October 2018, 02:55 AM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,165

Donate to Me
More
Someone on the Xl forum tried and the phone didnt boot so he had to factory flash the image. So looks like its the waiting game for root.
19th October 2018, 03:13 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

More
TopJohnWu will have his pixel Friday. He is excited about it, I bet we have root by Monday.
19th October 2018, 11:23 AM |#10  
Flag Savoy, IL
Thanks Meter: 303

More
I tried to patch the boot.img through the magisk app and then flash that through fastboot. Flashed successfully but would not boot.

I have noticed that as soon as I unlocked the bootloader I fail safety net. Has that always been the case even without any system modifications?
19th October 2018, 12:44 PM |#11  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsauder2

I tried to patch the boot.img through the magisk app and then flash that through fastboot. Flashed successfully but would not boot.

I have noticed that as soon as I unlocked the bootloader I fail safety net. Has that always been the case even without any system modifications?

From what I understand that is the case, unless you use Magisk to "cloak" and "fool" the apps into thinking it isn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eudeferrer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eudeferrer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)