FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Missing Google Camera Smart Burst

841 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By PeQuEsan, Senior Member on 6th September 2019, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Am I the only one really pissed off by the removal of Smart Burst capability from Google Camera in our Pixel 3 in Android 10?

I just can't believe it... So useful thing, just removed supposedly in favour of Top Shot, which is something that covers just part of what you could do with Smart Burst.

Google, I can't believe it...

Desde el móvil...

6th September 2019, 11:37 PM |#2  
Flag Southern AZ
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

Am I the only one really pissed off by the removal of Smart Burst capability from Google Camera in our Pixel 3 in Android 10?

I just can't believe it... So useful thing, just removed supposedly in favour of Top Shot, which is something that covers just part of what you could do with Smart Burst.

Desde el móvil...

Nope, you're not the only one pissed off about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using XDA Labs
7th September 2019, 02:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Glad to know.
7th September 2019, 10:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just found out and I am super pissed.

Worst part, I can't roll back because the USB port on my pixel 3 has been dead.

This is very messed up! I use the 3 takes a lot of sport action photos. That 1.5 sec via Top Shot is not enough time.

This update is total BS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3pp3lin

Nope, you're not the only one pissed off about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

The Following User Says Thank You to alexyuendh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexyuendh Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It seems in Android 10 there isn't available the remove updates option from the app info. Real bummer!
9th September 2019, 02:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

Desde el móvil...

it was such a useful feature. top shot just doesn't have enough frames!
9th September 2019, 02:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
You buy a phone with a set of features... and less and a year after, Google just removes one of them... I still can't believe.
10th September 2019, 09:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 266

More
They didn't remove the uninstall updates feature, but it's instead hidden underneath the overflow menu on the app info page. You can revert the app back to the version which still includes Burst photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to omac_ranger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omac_ranger Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 06:07 PM |#9  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac_ranger

They didn't remove the uninstall updates feature, but it's instead hidden underneath the overflow menu on the app info page. You can revert the app back to the version which still includes Burst photos.

Right, or you can just uninstall it from google play which will set the version having the burst mode enabled
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)