Originally Posted by TGHH
Opening this thread because battery life could be better even though it's only ~2950mAh. Currently I'm getting a bettery life of 20h with moderate usage. So I started to gather infos about how to reduce battery drain and usage.
- AlwaysOnDisplay: off
- Playing now: off
- reduce brightness
Are there any Google APPs which can be safely deactivated without getting the phone lunatic nor have heavy impact on the system?
And why is the Google APP so large? On my Moto G5+ it was around 35MB and now it's ten times bigger?
I wondered the same as you before receiving my Pixel 3. Comjing from a Galaxy S8 battery / SoT was always an issue, I barely made it trough a whole day of work without recharging at 5 PM.
With the Pixel 3 I did the following:
- Set it up and migrate everything from the S8 (via the Assistant in the Setup screen)
- Restored my ringtones and Notification sounds
- disabled the following Apps (because I don't use them): Action Services, Android Auto, Chrome, Connectivity Health Services, Device Health Services, Device Policy, Gmail (I use Aquamail instead), Google Connectivity Services, Google Play Movies, Google Play Music, Google Suport Services, Live Transcribe, Pixel Ambient Services, Youtube (I prefer Youtube Vanced and MigroG instead)
- Set up a ton of Cal and Carddav Accounts for my personal cloud services
- Disabled the automativ battery saver (which would kick in at 15% by default)
- Set up Automate: toogle WiFi on automatically when I reach a specific location (I know this is build in, but with the build in version it doesn't switch of when I leave the location) and disable it when I leave, Disable Bluetooth when not in use for 5 Minutes, automatically activate DnD when I'm charging after a specific Time (I charge every night) and disable it when I remove it from the Qi Charger
That's what I set up because of my experience with the S8 and because I want most things automatically done.
Yesterday I pushed the phone to the limit (a whole workday plus 2 Hours Spotify and 3 Hours Gaming):
P.S.:Sorry for the broken Link, just copy the Link into your webbrowser. I lost my old account and had to set up a new one, where I will be allowed to post links after 10 Posts