Pixel 3 - improve battery life

Search This thread

b1337

Jan 21, 2010
Maybe it's in my head, but I always felt like schedutil offered the same battery and performance as stock. I feel like I get better standby time with on demand.

Schedutil is stock I thought? testing on demand and standby drain is way less but when the screen is on it seems to eat up more battery so far, going to give it a few days to settle in

xFirefly93

Jan 10, 2018
Timrå
Maybe it's in my head, but I always felt like schedutil offered the same battery and performance as stock. I feel like I get better standby time with on demand.

Schedutil is stock I thought? testing on demand and standby drain is way less but when the screen is on it seems to eat up more battery so far, going to give it a few days to settle in

You shouldn't use a HMP governor like Ondemand on a phone with Energy Aware Scheduling (=EAS) at all..

Needles_one

Mar 6, 2014
Kyiv
Google Pixel 6
Hi all, my 5 cents on the topic.

Having my Pixel 3 running:
- Absolutely stock
- 14 different accounts
- 153 apps
- Auto brightness always - On
- Auto sync always - On
- WiFi always - On
- Bluetooth always - On
- Location always - On
- Always on Display - Off
- Active music listening - Off
- Paired smart watch with Auto sync of Notifications

The day before I got nearly 4 hours of active display at 50% battery mark.

This is my result today:
To summarize - I'm pretty much impressed. I'm using my phone heavily for - work, navigation, music, web and stuff, pictures, games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190416-094049.png
    Screenshot_20190416-094049.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Screenshot_20190416-094056.png
    Screenshot_20190416-094056.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,093
Last edited:

TGHH

Sep 20, 2017
Hamburg
Google Pixel 5
I'm pretty confident with my current setup. Based on MY normal use I get 1.5 days of battery life:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190416-115431.png
    Screenshot_20190416-115431.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 896

TGHH

Sep 20, 2017
Hamburg
Google Pixel 5
Watching videos or listening music via BT has quite a big impact on the battery. To my opinion my old Moto G5+ performed better. But overall all is fine for me.
I will post my setup later on...

qualitymove13

Jan 9, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think people tend to forget how much a good cell signal plays a part in great battery life. Not scientific and very small sample size, but even in this thread anyone with great battery has full bars. My signal is **** so I get average battery life. *shrug*

Reactions: |Furō|

rhplusa10

Feb 18, 2011
Los Angeles
Reactions: TGHH

TGHH

Sep 20, 2017
Hamburg
Google Pixel 5

TGHH

Sep 20, 2017
Hamburg
Google Pixel 5
So, a quick update what I did to improve my battery life. First of all I applied the suggestions from post #2.
I also deactivated all apps from Google I don't use (like the books, games stuff).
I'm switching off WiFi via Automate (no need to discuss this - I know that this will not save humongous battery life) using 'Location based WiFi toggler'.
This is what I did. Based on my usage profile the battery will last for 1-1.5 days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    settings -> system -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> System Tracing. Uncheck the Trace Debuggable Applications. Enjoy about 15% better battery life

From another thread

Q only possibly
    Unlock
    Root
    Elemental kernel
    Substratum swift black theme
    Profit
    Never had a problem with this since Nexus one
    Well, it's not about the process of unlocking and rooting the phone, but just the legal side.
    I would not get any service for free if I unlocked it.

I rooted every phone I had but as my Pixel is new I will wait till I'm sure that there are no hardware problems occurring.
    So, a quick update what I did to improve my battery life. First of all I applied the suggestions from post #2.
    I also deactivated all apps from Google I don't use (like the books, games stuff).
    I'm switching off WiFi via Automate (no need to discuss this - I know that this will not save humongous battery life) using 'Location based WiFi toggler'.
    This is what I did. Based on my usage profile the battery will last for 1-1.5 days.
    Opening this thread because battery life could be better even though it's only ~2950mAh. Currently I'm getting a bettery life of 20h with moderate usage. So I started to gather infos about how to reduce battery drain and usage.

Improvements:
    - AlwaysOnDisplay: off
    - Playing now: off
    - reduce brightness

Are there any Google APPs which can be safely deactivated without getting the phone lunatic nor have heavy impact on the system?

And why is the Google APP so large? On my Moto G5+ it was around 35MB and now it's ten times bigger?

I wondered the same as you before receiving my Pixel 3. Comjing from a Galaxy S8 battery / SoT was always an issue, I barely made it trough a whole day of work without recharging at 5 PM.
    With the Pixel 3 I did the following:
    - Set it up and migrate everything from the S8 (via the Assistant in the Setup screen)
    - Restored my ringtones and Notification sounds
    - disabled the following Apps (because I don't use them): Action Services, Android Auto, Chrome, Connectivity Health Services, Device Health Services, Device Policy, Gmail (I use Aquamail instead), Google Connectivity Services, Google Play Movies, Google Play Music, Google Suport Services, Live Transcribe, Pixel Ambient Services, Youtube (I prefer Youtube Vanced and MigroG instead)
    - Set up a ton of Cal and Carddav Accounts for my personal cloud services
    - Disabled the automativ battery saver (which would kick in at 15% by default)
    - Set up Automate: toogle WiFi on automatically when I reach a specific location (I know this is build in, but with the build in version it doesn't switch of when I leave the location) and disable it when I leave, Disable Bluetooth when not in use for 5 Minutes, automatically activate DnD when I'm charging after a specific Time (I charge every night) and disable it when I remove it from the Qi Charger

That's what I set up because of my experience with the S8 and because I want most things automatically done.
    Yesterday I pushed the phone to the limit (a whole workday plus 2 Hours Spotify and 3 Hours Gaming):
    imagebanana.com/s/1383/8vZEWmFF.html

P.S.:Sorry for the broken Link, just copy the Link into your webbrowser. I lost my old account and had to set up a new one, where I will be allowed to post links after 10 Posts