By gm007, Senior Member on 6th May 2019, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2019, 10:16 PM |#11  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX321

Well, I don't really know. I initially did what I always do: extract the new boot.img from the update, patch it with MM, run flash-all without -w, let the update finish, reboot and flash the patched boot to boot_a and boot_b. That bootlooped. I flashed stock boot.img and ran like that for a day. Next I booted (but didn't install) TWRP, and tried to install 19.1 (bootloop), and 18.1 (wouldn't install). I decided to try to downgrade to the April update and did flash-all from there (without -w). Big mistake, because then it stuck on the G screen and wouldn't boot at all. I ultimately was able to flash back to the May update, get it to boot, then followed your directions. I did have to install 18.1 first, because even after following your directions, 19.1 still bootlooped when installed from TWRP. MM was able to update to it fine, though, from 18.1. Who knows what the problem really was.

I'd just be spit balling at this point like you are, but at least you are up and running. I do think there is possibly something going on with Magisk going from 18.1 to 19.1 without Manager doing the back end work (even if it happened previously) since Magisk still does retain some data even if root is lost during the upgrade. There are certainly some changes that occured between 18.1 and 19.0 beta since coming from 18.1 you would need to redo your Magisk hide check marks. Either that or using MM to patch boot may have completely changed.
7th May 2019, 10:45 PM |#12  
Flag Southern IL USA
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy

There are certainly some changes that occured between 18.1 and 19.0 beta

I probably just had something in some weird state, because I ran 18.1, 19.something beta, 19.something canary, then back to 19.1 stable when it came out. I forgot, I also ran the uninstaller at some point in my previous attempts.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSX321 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CSX321 Ad-Free
10th May 2019, 09:52 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a PIXEL 3 (Bought directly from Google) and AT&T is my carrier in Central VA. Been trying for a couple of days to get the May update, but nothing avail. Something I should be concerned about?
10th May 2019, 10:19 PM |#14  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Same question
Quote:
Originally Posted by djboydva1

I have a PIXEL 3 (Bought directly from Google) and AT&T is my carrier in Central VA. Been trying for a couple of days to get the May update, but nothing avail. Something I should be concerned about?

I was coming to ask the same question, only I am in WA and have T-mobile. Stock, not rooted. Not had an issue before.
11th May 2019, 12:30 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Same here. New P3 during April, so awaiting first security update for my new device. Carrier is AT&T, but why would that matter, right? Just seems strange having to wait. I got the impression that monthly updates for Pixels would come out the same day they were announced as being available. Live and learn I guess.

Finally popped this evening (5/16/2019). No clue why the delay.
11th May 2019, 08:01 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djboydva1

I have a Pixel 3 on Google Fi and still haven't gotten the update. Contacted support yesterday and they couldn't find anything wrong. They "promised" I'd get it. Always gotten them within a day or two before.
12th May 2019, 02:36 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 552

More
I guess I just never looked into this before since I'm a new Pixel user or I'm just naive but I assumed when I got a Pixel phones updates would not have to be pushed through my carrier anymore? No May update here on my stock Pixel 3 on T-Mobile.
13th May 2019, 06:10 AM |#18  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Always get OTA on the day of release, stock phone, T-Mobile, the Netherlands.
(Pixel didn't launch in the Netherlands, I got it from Germany)
14th May 2019, 09:18 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just installed the may update OTA.
Anyone else having issues with apps accessing the gallery. Both WhatsApp and stock messenger now taking ages to display the thumbnails of the images and videos in my gallery when I add them to a message.
15th May 2019, 03:30 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
ok could I get some hints here on how to update?

I have rooted and I have magisk.
15th May 2019, 08:58 PM |#21  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

I was coming to ask the same question, only I am in WA and have T-mobile. Stock, not rooted. Not had an issue before.

So, Google's chat help says T-mobile is reviewing the update and has to approve it before it is released to devices on their network. Told it is not affecting all devices. Not sure if they are just trying to get rid of me.

This is NOT the reason I bought a Pixel directly from Google...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)