FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Waterproof? 😂😥

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By ShadowJP88, Member on 18th August 2019, 11:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had my pixel 3 in my pocket and went into the water (not salted at least).
I went down to nostril, so my phone was completely submerged for less than 5 minutes but at it have an ip87 so I didn't care
I've seen that every camera had humidity I it and a few hours later,a black spot appear in the screen, the day after, screen is death....
😵

Is the warranty will be able to work?
At which point the ip87 can assure it is waterproof?
18th August 2019, 01:51 PM |#2  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJP88

I had my pixel 3 in my pocket and went into the water (not salted at least).
I went down to nostril, so my phone was completely submerged for less than 5 minutes but at it have an ip87 so I didn't care
I've seen that every camera had humidity I it and a few hours later,a black spot appear in the screen, the day after, screen is death....

Is the warranty will be able to work?
At which point the ip87 can assure it is waterproof?

Not sure where you are getting IP87? The Pixel 3 and 3 XL are considered IP68 devices. See the Google Safety and Regulatory document and have fun trying to explain that it was fully submerged and that should be considered water resistant. https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../9134668?hl=en

Water Resistance
Your phone is water resistant but not waterproof. Your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL phone has a water resistance rating of IPX8 under IEC standard 60529. Water resistance may be compromised due to normal wear and tear or damage to the phone. The phone charger and other accessories are not water resistant. Do not charge the device when wet.
18th August 2019, 08:56 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I had my connector usb c in it at that time, I use a magnetic cable so it's always in it..

Maybe that's where there was an entry...
And with that, I fully understand oneplus to not offer that certificate, totally useless if you offer no warranty
18th August 2019, 09:18 PM |#4  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJP88

I had my connector usb c in it at that time, I use a magnetic cable so it's always in it..

Maybe that's where there was an entry...
And with that, I fully understand oneplus to not offer that certificate, totally useless if you offer no warranty

I would just play stupid (and of course admit to nothing) when you talk to Google and hope for the best regarding getting a replacement.
18th August 2019, 11:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy

I would just play stupid (and of course admit to nothing) when you talk to Google and hope for the best regarding getting a replacement.

Wrong answer. Tell them the truth about what happened then beg for forgiveness. If you don't get a refurb then live and learn. If you do then live and learn. Win-win.
19th August 2019, 07:11 AM |#6  
Flag North Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

Wrong answer. Tell them the truth about what happened then beg for forgiveness. If you don't get a refurb then live and learn. If you do then live and learn. Win-win.

I am not saying to lie, but if they even hear certain words they won't even try to be helpful. Report the symptoms and be honest when asked questions. That is my opinion.
19th August 2019, 01:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy

I am not saying to lie, but if they even hear certain words they won't even try to be helpful. Report the symptoms and be honest when asked questions. That is my opinion.

Oh, my mistake. Yeah sometimes you'll get someone that will take pity but you might need to bump it up to a supervisor. One thing I would say is that the water resistant rating should have allowed what happened to be a non issue to the device. Less than 5 minutes should not have ruined it so perhaps the phone was defective in some way. They might want to look at it before he gets a replacement which means he'd be out a phone for a little while. Maybe pick up a 3a in the meantime which is relatively inexpensive as a secondary device. I don't know, tough call either way. Good luck to the OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobby janow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobby janow Ad-Free
25th August 2019, 04:41 AM |#8  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Water damage is not covered by warranty and even if you don't mention it, the inspection of the phone will reveal the water damage and you'll be notified of the voided warranty
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)