FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Call quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,654

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 14th September 2018, 01:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you call granny, does she keep saying "Huh?! Wut?!" or does the conversation flow pretty well? Rate this thread to express how you feel about the Google Pixel 3's call quality. A higher rating indicates that calls are clear and crisp, and that regardless of background noise, you can hear the other party clearly (and with ample volume) and they can hear you.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

7th November 2018, 03:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well, it is a nightmare for me.
I have sudden disconnections all the time. People often do not hear me, etc. I have two Pixel 3s — my wife's and mine. Same problem.
I guess it could be connected with memory management issues. Maybe process responsible for radiomodule is being killed.
8th November 2018, 05:18 AM |#3  
Flag Anchorage, AK
Thanks Meter: 89

More
I'm kind of in the opposite situation. However, for me, I believe wi-fi calling is why I'm experiencing better than usual call quality. Prior to the Pixel 3s (myself and my wife) we never had wifi calling and our house is on the edge of cell coverage in our area. This resulted in poor quality calls. Now with wi-fi calling, our calls are crystal clear with no drops. In general while not using wi-fi calling around town I don't notice any issues.
8th November 2018, 10:30 AM |#4  
Flag Ibiza
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have the Pixel 3 and I can confirm that people frequently cant hear me when I call them from home (never had any issues here) and calls disconnect out of nowhere several times in a row. The situation is the worst when calling people with the charger connected. I love this phone for everything but the appalling phone call situation!
8th November 2018, 01:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello Guys,

I have the pixel 3 and i have no issues at all. I have really good phone call quality- even better than my old Samsung Galaxy S7- can't complane about it.
9th November 2018, 12:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 321

More
For me the call quality on network has been great. No disconnections. Crystal clear earpiece sound. Much better than pixel 2. I have not tried calls in weak cellular areas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
12th November 2018, 02:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I average less than 5 phone calls a month. I own the Pixel 3 for 3 weeks. I already have 2 phone calls made within my house that I intermittently cannot hear the other side. I owned from Nexus 4, 5 6P, Pixel, Pixel 2. Never had this problem from the same house once. You can tell I'm a big fan but might be forced to switch. This phone does almost everything better than the Pixel 2 except for slow charging speed and dropped calls, very basic requirements. Disappointed. Yes, my house has weak cell signal.

UPDATED: PROBLEM SOLVED. Worked with Google tech. Eventually by clearing cache of Google app fixed it. Thanks.

UPDATED AGAIN: Problem came back after half a day. Rebooted OK for now. RMA.

UPDATED: Replacement seems OK, so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Powergreb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Powergreb Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 06:27 PM |#8  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

More
It isn't call quality, it is quality of the call. I LOVE the call screening feature. I used to send all unknown calls to voicemail. That would be a dozen a day. I would then have to listen to them and delete 11 of the 12 and return the 12th. So far, no spambot has left me a message on the screener. Nice process improvement.
4th December 2018, 09:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eivissa

I have the Pixel 3 and I can confirm that people frequently cant hear me when I call them from home (never had any issues here) and calls disconnect out of nowhere several times in a row. The situation is the worst when calling people with the charger connected. I love this phone for everything but the appalling phone call situation!

Both my Pixel 3 and my girlfriends is having the same issue - very annoying.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fduch1984

Well, it is a nightmare for me.
I have sudden disconnections all the time. People often do not hear me, etc. I have two Pixel 3s — my wife's and mine. Same problem.
I guess it could be connected with memory management issues. Maybe process responsible for radiomodule is being killed.

Have you found any fix for this? My girlfriend and I are in the same boat... horrible reception with plenty of disconnects.

Do you have Wifi Calling enabled? Did that help?

Eddie
4th December 2018, 09:57 PM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My sister has Google Pixel 3 and she hasn`t experienced any trouble considering call quality, however, she`s used it only for 4 months, we`ll see what the future has in store for this phone...
8th December 2018, 11:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have no issues with the call quality, but do have issues with Google putting a beeping tone every 15 seconds when I record calls, hope someone finds a solution quickly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)