Screen on time

Search This thread

BBobby

Oct 23, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
www.babaletskos.com
there there, if you're having battery issues compared to your previous installation android 9 please reset your phone and wipe all data and reinstall.
It was very common during beta, and it had not been fixed by google yet.

overall battery should increase a little bit, people have been getting 4/5h SOT like normal and in some cases 6+h with pixel 3 device.

I got 5.5 hours yesterday, in the 3rd or 4th day running the Q on my pixel 3. No reset

Jerber

Jun 6, 2013
I wasn't expecting a good battery life honestly, pretty happy with it, almost all enabled except Bluetooth scanning and location history.
I charged it yesterday during the morning and one day later I still have battery enough for keep the phone on meanwhile I'm sleeping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-214517.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-214517.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,770

seabro01

Dec 1, 2015
I was already prepared for some disappointing battery life but it hasn't been that bad. I'll usually get around 5 hrs SOT with 12+ hrs off charger. That's good enough. I can bring a power bank or use the Pixel 2xl if I I'm in a situation that requires extended battery life.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RacerAssasin

Oct 19, 2017
Battery life has been pretty terrible, coming from the 2 XL and prior to that the OG XL. I've been barely able to get 2 hrs of SOT and it's not even dinner time yet. On the 2 XL I was getting a amazing 6-7 hrs of SOT, and on the OG XL I was getting around 3 hrs

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Have a P3 in 1yr and 6 months and I discovered a few weeks ago that my battery is getting shorter as the time passes by... by now I just loose around 500mah!!! This is unacceptable...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm surprisingly getting an hour less than my pixel 2. It's around 5 hours.

The Pixel 3 has a 13% larger screen and 13% more pixels than the Pixel 2 with only an 8% bigger battery. Getting less battery life isn't a surprise at all.

What is a surprise is your claim that the Pixel 2 got 6 hours. With a 5" 1080p screen and only a 2700mAh battery I have a hard time believing anything more than about 4.5 hours.
    Getting consistent 6-7 hours of SoT without ambient display, half WiFi, half data and some Bluetooth usage. Using amoled black or dark mode with many apps and an amoled themed wallpaper. This is at 90% brightness. Quite impressed.
    6h 45m sot

Im on regular pixel 3 and i was able to hit 6h 40min sot with 20% remaining over a 19h period. I was using LTE and I was mainly on Google chrome reading I was inside all day so the brightness was about 25%. I'm sure I couldve surpassed 8h... after a day of work with videos, music and phone calls im around 2h 45min sot with 55-58% remaining. disabling adaptive battery made a huge difference. I charged my phone to 100% just before bed and only 2% drained after 8h of sleep
    aod off
    NFC off
    Bluetooth off
    wifi scanning off
    adaptive battery off
    adaptive display off
    lift to check off
    double tap to check on
    location on
    keyboard sounds off
    all vibrate off even fingerprint sensor
    "I just received my Pixel 3 3 days ago, and the battery is awful. 1 hour of Screen on time? Is this normal?
    qi88zxw

I was barely using any apps.

iyDwA0E
    "

You're using ambient display, turn it off for a day which should resolve all your issues. Yes it means you'll have to wake up the phone in order to see whatever messages you may or may not have received. But it'll extend the battery time.

I was having bad battery life too and wanted to sell it for the OnePlus 6T. What I did was left on battery saver all day and it worked out pretty good. Try that for now and see how it works for you.

If you opted to start from scratch when you set up your Pixel 3 and did not transfer the data from a device that already has the adaptive battery feature getting about 1 hour of SoT seems to be normal based on my experience. I haven't been able to confirm this, but based on my experience the adaptive battery feature seems to use machine learning. It learns what apps you use over time and how often you use them. The more data it has, the better the battery life you will get. It took about 3 weeks for my battery to settle down. Currently, my battery is estimated to last about 17 hours from a full charge. My suspicion is that the Pixel 3 start out running everything you install and slowly learns how aggressive it should limit the battery usage of an app. Aside from leaving it on battery saver, I would also recommend not charging it overnight a couple of days and letting it sit there. That seems to have helped me with the battery life and my device knowing to limit apps I don't use frequently.
    So 3rd day and these are my stats.
    30% Wifi 70% LTE
    Location when needed bluetooth off. AOD on pickup and new notifications only.