FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,696

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 14th September 2018, 01:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Google Pixel 3's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

2nd November 2018, 06:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
AccuBattery is reporting 3.5%/h average battery use with screen off, measured with a total of 24h of screen off (non consecutive)

Not impressed
3rd November 2018, 08:33 AM |#3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Standby is terrible to be honest. Drains almost 1 - 1.5% per hour just lying on table. Pixel 2 used to drain 0.5 to 0.75% in an hour
3rd November 2018, 02:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,749

More
I get usually 0.6% / hour overnight drain. I'll wake up with about 95%. Phone face down with AOD so it goes off. Once in a while an app will keep the phone awake unbeknownst to me until the morning. Either I restart or force close the app and it goes away. If you're getting higher drain than that you should check your apps keeping the phone awake with screen off. BBS is really good for that.
4th November 2018, 05:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

Standby is terrible to be honest. Drains almost 1 - 1.5% per hour just lying on table. Pixel 2 used to drain 0.5 to 0.75% in an hour

If you have AOD on that sounds about right.
4th November 2018, 07:20 AM |#6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv1983

If you have AOD on that sounds about right.

not using AOD at all. with AOD i doubt i will get even 12 hours seeing the standby drain.
4th November 2018, 01:35 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

You need to figure out what is keeping the phone awake then. I tweaked my wife's 3 yesterday and she go 0.4% / hr last night and I only got 0.6% / hr. I have a little more running on mine though, sync wise. AOD / w/face down to turn it off.
4th November 2018, 08:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

You need to figure out what is keeping the phone awake then. I tweaked my wife's 3 yesterday and she go 0.4% / hr last night and I only got 0.6% / hr. I have a little more running on mine though, sync wise. AOD / w/face down to turn it off.

How do you tweak?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
4th November 2018, 11:07 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifforama

How do you tweak?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

First off I turned off adaptive battery. Then I removed MIPS and MVS completely. Deleted an unneeded app that gave a bunch of partial wakelocks and alarms. Rebooted and voila 1.8% / hour down to 0.4% overnight drain.
5th November 2018, 02:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:

not using AOD at all. with AOD i doubt i will get even 12 hours seeing the standby drain.

Wow. That's even worse than I expected. That's must be some misbehaving app. With a 2915mAh battery I think about 0.6% per hour with AOD off. With AOD on I'd expect like 1.25% per hour.
5th November 2018, 10:02 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

First off I turned off adaptive battery. Then I removed MIPS and MVS completely. Deleted an unneeded app that gave a bunch of partial wakelocks and alarms. Rebooted and voila 1.8% / hour down to 0.4% overnight drain.

Thought Adaptive battery was meant to help!?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)