FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can we change the folder shape?

262 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By adhusky, Senior Member on 21st November 2018, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I, personally, don't like the rounded folder shape even we are able to change the shape for the app icons. Do we have magisk module or icon pack where we can change the folder shape?

Thanks in advance!

29th November 2018, 02:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
press and hold on the homescreen. go into settings and change folderstyle to your likings.
30th November 2018, 11:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Reeppeep,

I only have "Change icon shape" after I press and hold on the home screen and select "Home Settings". I don't have the folder style option. Is there a new pixel launcher apk somewhere? The version I have is 9-4928604.
4th December 2018, 05:25 PM |#4  

More
hey, i'm sorry i thought app-icon style is what you were after. kinda misread your question a bit. can't help you with folder style, i'm sorry.
23rd July 2019, 07:41 PM |#5  

More
I know it is an old thread, but this question is still relevant. I got a new phone and I hate the dumb round shaped folder icons in Android 8 and 9, with no way to change it. It's crazy, isn't it? Taken from the real world, folders are always square, after all. Yet, we can't have square folder shape in google's skewed digital world, only round ones. App icons can be customized in many, some useless, way. We can have round app icons, square app icons, squarish app icons, teardrop app icons .... but only round folder icons. No customizable folder icons for us, oh no. Doesn't matter that in previous Android versions, at least up to 6, folders were square. Take your round folder icons now and like them. Yep, that makes sense . Screw you , google, that's the kind of stupid stuff that drives people to Apple and iphone.
8th August 2019, 10:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePiePot

I know it is an old thread, but this question is still relevant. I got a new phone and I hate the dumb round shaped folder icons in Android 8 and 9, with no way to change it. It's crazy, isn't it? Taken from the real world, folders are always square, after all. Yet, we can't have square folder shape in google's skewed digital world, only round ones. App icons can be customized in many, some useless, way. We can have round app icons, square app icons, squarish app icons, teardrop app icons .... but only round folder icons. No customizable folder icons for us, oh no. Doesn't matter that in previous Android versions, at least up to 6, folders were square. Take your round folder icons now and like them. Yep, that makes sense . Screw you , google, that's the kind of stupid stuff that drives people to Apple and iphone.

Use a different launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)