FORUMS

[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Bonito][Alpha]

1,562 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,803

Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP
Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Contributors
Skittles9823
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Febuary 2020 security patch
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-04
Last Updated 2020-02-04
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 08:10 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Installation procedure:
Have an unlocked bootloader (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Make sure to backup internal storage as wiping data will delete everything.

Reboot to fastboot and flash the provided boot.img with the following commands:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot.img
reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from ADB":
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.
Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Update procedure:

Reboot into recovery using the same method provided in the install procedure.
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/updated-rom.zip
If you aren't using Magisk, that's all you need to do. Reboot back into system and you'll be updated.

Updating with Magisk:
If there is a kernel update or a security patch is merged you'll need to patch the new boot.img. Just download the updated boot image, patch it using Magisk manager, and flash it in fastboot after sideloading the rom update.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Currently none, let me know what you find!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 08:10 AM |#3  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your firmware versions in reports.
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 10:35 AM |#4  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 06:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Nice! Some new roms showing up! Thanks for your hard work! Is there any links to screen shots or features lists?
4th February 2020, 10:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Flashed it about an hour ago.... dang.. it is fast! This rom feels really smooth! I use Visible service and it works great on this rom too. I have LTE + (volte). It honestly feels faster then any other custom rom I have tried and faster then stock for sure. And this isn't just because of animation speeds or what not; I always set mine to x0.5. It just is faster and smoother.
Nice job!
5th February 2020, 12:01 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericarthurc

Nice! Some new roms showing up! Thanks for your hard work! Is there any links to screen shots or features lists?

I'll have to get some screenshots posted with a current list of stuff in OwlsNest soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericarthurc

Flashed it about an hour ago.... dang.. it is fast! This rom feels really smooth! I use Visible service and it works great on this rom too. I have LTE + (volte). It honestly feels faster then any other custom rom I have tried and faster then stock for sure. And this isn't just because of animation speeds or what not; I always set mine to x0.5. It just is faster and smoother.
Nice job!

Nice! Glad you're liking it

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
5th February 2020, 05:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Excellent
Thanks for maintaining it for both Bonito and Sargo
(kshmr_in)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FoxA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FoxA Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 07:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Using adb reboot fastboot didn't work for me.

This is what worked for me for anyone having problems:
After flashing February's stock firmware to both slots, without actually starting the system afterwards, I immediately booted into fastboot by Volume Down + Power.
On the bootloader screen(fastboot not fastbootd) is when i entered fastboot flash boot /path/boot.img.
Next step I did was reboot back into fastboot, and then entered recovery by volume down/enter.
Entering "Apply update from ADB", I then sideloaded AOSiP-10-Alpha-bonito-20200204.zip. (AOSiP-10-Alpha-beryllium-20200204.zip wouldn't flash no matter what process I did)

Rebooted system and everything loaded fast! (When certain processes failed I would get stuck at the boot animation.)
Anyways, its snappy and haven't ran into any bugs.
Great work and i love the boot animation!
The Following User Says Thank You to godpowerrr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift godpowerrr Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 07:37 AM |#10  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godpowerrr

Using adb reboot fastboot didn't work for me.

This is what worked for me for anyone having problems:
After flashing February's stock firmware to both slots, without actually starting the system afterwards, I immediately booted into fastboot by Volume Down + Power.
On the bootloader screen(fastboot not fastbootd) is when i entered fastboot flash boot /path/boot.img.
Next step I did was reboot back into fastboot, and then entered recovery by volume down/enter.
Entering "Apply update from ADB", I then sideloaded AOSiP-10-Alpha-bonito-20200204.zip. (AOSiP-10-Alpha-beryllium-20200204.zip wouldn't flash no matter what process I did)

Rebooted system and everything loaded fast! (When certain processes failed I would get stuck at the boot animation.)
Anyways, its snappy and haven't ran into any bugs.
Great work and i love the boot animation!

Ahh yea my bad, it's adb reboot bootloader, fixed that in the install instructions post.

As for your beryllium troubles that's because that's another device (Poco F1 to be exact).

Make sure to use the bonito/Pixel 3a XL links in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 07:46 AM |#11  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 561

More
A full wipe is obviously recommended??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)