7th February 2020, 03:44 AM |#21  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,884

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitoriki

That unfortunately does not answer anything.. the issues I have with stebo's HavocOS are that media players freeze up after a certain amount of songs are played, causing me to have to force stop it, and that attempting to use Netflix caused a COMPLETE freeze of the OS, whereupon a buzzing sound is heard through the speakers and the phone forces ITSELF to reboot.

Also of importance is ElementalX compatibility, as HavocOS has issues with it - it flashes and applies settings fine, but it completely disables Wi-Fi functionality, in that not even the settings page for it will load.

Regardless of whether or not you know whether or not these issues are prevalent in your own ROM, or how you answer, I'm going to be giving it a try as his January 9th HavocOS release has completely broken my SIM cards' APN, brought Chrome back onto my phone with no way to uninstall it, and made it so the recent apps view loads the Pixel Launcher. I'm sure I won't be disappointed, seeing as you seem much more capable.

P.S.: Your change-log link is 404'd

I don't have any issues with media players, I generally use Poweramp and I'm able to have it going all day without any issues.

I don't use Netflix so I can't vouch for that but you should be able to download it from the playstore and have no quality restrictions as you'll keep L1 Widevine.

I've had sargo testers able to flash and use ElementalX just fine. Currently I'm running Galts Galtch just fine (planning to change the default kernel to it soon).

The default launcher for AOSiP is the pixel launcher now but I don't believe the launcher itself shows in recents except for the settings menu when it's open in the background. I'm using lawnchair as the recents provider but I can check real quick for you if you want.

The changelog is a 404 as I've not created one. This is an initial release and I'll create a changelog for the next build.

Glad you're looking to try the rom out, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I've been.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
7th February 2020, 04:07 AM |#22  
Flag Noril'sk
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

I don't have any issues with media players, I generally use Poweramp and I'm able to have it going all day without any issues.

I don't use Netflix so I can't vouch for that but you should be able to download it from the playstore and have no quality restrictions as you'll keep L1 Widevine.

I've had sargo testers able to flash and use ElementalX just fine. Currently I'm running Galts Galtch just fine (planning to change the default kernel to it soon).

The default launcher for AOSiP is the pixel launcher now but I don't believe the launcher itself shows in recents except for the settings menu when it's open in the background. I'm using lawnchair as the recents provider but I can check real quick for you if you want.

The changelog is a 404 as I've not created one. This is an initial release and I'll create a changelog for the next build.

Glad you're looking to try the rom out, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I've been.

I've used Smart Launcher as my homescreen since 2015, and with this update it pulls up the pixel launcher-styled recents, and upon closing an app and pressing the back button it opens Pixel launcher. Good to hear about the ElemenatalX compat!

Edit: Just took a look at the info for the Galts Gulch kernel, and assuming all the EX settings work with it I'll likely be switching to it myself - if so, I'll be glad you'll be using it as the kernel for this ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to Karitoriki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karitoriki Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 04:54 AM |#23  
Am I correct in assuming that you lose the ability to use call screening on this ROM? Also, I'm assuming monthly updates come in la bit ater than stock? I've always rooted OnePlus devices, but have yet to root a Pixel.
8th February 2020, 05:48 AM |#24  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ784

Am I correct in assuming that you lose the ability to use call screening on this ROM? Also, I'm assuming monthly updates come in la bit ater than stock? I've always rooted OnePlus devices, but have yet to root a Pixel.

I'm not in the US so I'm unable to test if call screening works. You're welcome to see if it works for you and report back. The monthly sec patches should only be a day or so late compared to stock depending on what changed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 06:59 AM |#25  
Flag Noril'sk

More
Quote:

Call screening works just fine on rooted Pixel devices, assuming you actually use the builtin Phone app by Google, as that's the origin of the service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karitoriki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karitoriki Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 07:07 AM |#26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitoriki

Call screening works just fine on rooted Pixel devices, assuming you actually use the builtin Phone app by Google, as that's the origin of the service.

So just to verify, on a custom ROM, Google apps operate as if you're on stock? Do they use the Pixel framework with Google services so Play Services treat your phone the same? Sorry if that's a stupid question... Like I said, I've never rooted a Pixel and I'm used to having to try and use Pixel framework on other devices to try and get Pixel exclusive features on other Android devices like my OnePlus

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

I'm not in the US so I'm unable to test if call screening works. You're welcome to see if it works for you and report back. The monthly sec patches should only be a day or so late compared to stock depending on what changed.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback! And if I'm reading correctly, I'm guessing OTA update aren't ready yet and need to upgraded via TWRP sideload? And are updates nightly, monthly, whenever the dev has updated the ROM? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question
8th February 2020, 07:21 AM |#27  
Flag Noril'sk

More
Quote:

So just to verify, on a custom ROM, Google apps operate as if you're on stock? Do they use the Pixel framework with Google services so Play Services treat your phone the same? Sorry if that's a stupid question... Like I said, I've never rooted a Pixel and I'm used to having to try and use Pixel framework on other devices to try and get Pixel exclusive features on other Android devices like my OnePlus

To my experience, yes, all Google software works the same as on stock - so long as the ROM has their functionalities included. For instance, stebomurkn420's ROMs often lacked features such as the active edge and dynamic music detection, whereas this one has pretty much everything (needed) built in. Live transcribe, sound amplifier, settings suggestions (which is annoying af), Google support services (which is a crash reporter) and connectivity services (which is only useful if you're on Fi) aren't baked in - but they are downloadable from the play store. My device has always registered as certified, and the only issues I've had were because of a bad ROM.

-------

Quote:

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback! And if I'm reading correctly, I'm guessing OTA update aren't ready yet and need to upgraded via TWRP sideload? And are updates nightly, monthly, whenever the dev has updated the ROM? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question

The ROM can be installed via the basic adb sideload so long as you're using the boot image provided for this ROM, and updates can be done the same sans the necessary format for first install. He mentions in a previous post that the custom OTA updater can't support partitioned devices such as this one yet.
8th February 2020, 08:19 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
When updates come out, do we just dirty flash over the current build? Or is there a special process to use when an update is released?
8th February 2020, 08:51 AM |#29  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranget

When updates come out, do we just dirty flash over the current build? Or is there a special process to use when an update is released?

You can update almost the same as the initial clean install.

Basically you just go into stock recovery and sideload the updated rom zip. If you use magisk you can patch the new boot image again (only really needed if a new security patch or kernel update happens).

I don't believe OTAs work. One of my sargo testers tried it and it wasn't successful.

As for update schedule I'm thinking monthly builds unless a major bug is found or a significant update happens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 02:16 PM |#30  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxA

Thanks for maintaining it for both Bonito and Sargo
(kshmr_in)

Where can we find the sargo builds?
8th February 2020, 03:44 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Sargo files can be found in telegram testing group. Though @Skittles9823 told me he will make a thread for sargo too, idk when
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FoxA Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)