Search This thread

stebomurkn420

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you an excellent experience!

Also, we have our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

This is my personal NugTowersHQ Telegram Group , 24/7 support specifically for Pixel devices.

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

You can check out the full list of features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS 
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project

Also if you have some ideas, bug fixes, stability improvements, or would like to help support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull Request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources section) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), it will be really appreciated. Have some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
ROM
boot.img

How to flash:
Code:
- You must know how to use fastboot to flash the rom since there is no TWRP available yet. This will wipe your phone including internal storage.
- This build includes Gapps
- Download the ROM and boot.img
- Flash the boot.img via fastboot (code):  fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Wipe user data (code):  fastboot erase userdata
- Reboot into fastboot (code):  fastboot reboot fastboot
- Use volume keys and power button to select Enter Recovery
- Select Update via ADB
Sideload the Bootleg ROM zip (code):  adb sideload BootleggersROM-Queue4bonito.4.7-MadStinky-Unshishufied-20191114-023807.zip
- Boot into OS

Notes:
* Do NOT flash magisk/kernels/etc until AFTER first boot.

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
Device tree
Kernel tree
Vendor tree

ROM Sources
Bootleggers Github

Last edited:

stebomurkn420

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
#Reserved for announcements!

06/25/2019:
* If you are lucky enough to be on one of @ZVNexus early working builds of TWRP then I have included a flashable ROM zip in the Download section of the OP. I would assume the flashing instructions would go as follows but I cannot 100% confirm anything myself at the moment due to my T-mobile variant being carrier locked for the next 40 days. On Saturday I switched from VZW to T-mobile and their buyers remorse policy will not allow an unlock until after 40 days of service. Until then I am relying on my TG chat testers for feedback so please, ALL the feedback I can get is GREATLY appreciated!

07/09/2019:
* Well it seems that @ZVNexus has a fully working version of TWRP in version 3.3.1-4. As before I have provided a flashable ROM zip for TWRP and also the images for a manual flash. This build includes Dank kernel now which is my personally maintained kernel. The features of Dank kernel include Kcal (advanced color control), Wake gestures from @flar2 , and HBM (high brightness mode). I do not upstream my kernel because I am a noob and I trust google to fix any conflicts that may occur when upstreaming more than myself. This update brings the July security update on the ROM and device side and a few bugs worked out with translation.

07/17/2019
* Yes! I very kind T-mobile associate unlocked my bootloader for me via twitter DM's. Anyone with T-mobile I highly suggest using this method for customer service in general! Let the games begin!

*** Special thanks to @MVNO DeSIngS for testing my blind builds! ***

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR TWRP (maybe) lol :
1. Make sure you are coming from a clean install of the latest 9.0.0 factory image from google with TWRP installed. (backup any important data to an external source)
2. Wipe data, System and Dalvik/ ART ccache.
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash twrp installer zip
5. Boot into OS.... Enjoy! (Remember Gapps are included so no worries about that and NEVER flash magisk or third party kernels until AFTER first boot and setup!)

11/16/2019
* This is the initial build of Bootleggers ROM for Android 10. MOSTLY ALL FEATURES ARE MISSING. Relax, good things are coming! :) Make sure to pay close attention to the install instructions as they have changed from PIE. Enjoy!

Last edited:

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ

06/25/2019:
* If you are lucky enough to be on one of @ZVNexus early working builds of TWRP then I have included a flashable ROM zip in the Download section of the OP. I would assume the flashing instructions would go as follows but I cannot 100% confirm anything myself at the moment due to my T-mobile variant being carrier locked for the next 40 days. On Saturday I switched from VZW to T-mobile and their buyers remorse policy will not allow an unlock until after 40 days of service. Until then I am relying on my TG chat testers for feedback so please, ALL the feedback I can get is GREATLY appreciated!

1. Make sure you are coming from a clean install of the latest 9.0.0 factory image from google with TWRP installed. (backup any important data to an external source)
3. Flash ROM
5. Boot into OS.... Enjoy! (Remember Gapps are included so no worries about that and NEVER flash magisk or third party kernels until AFTER first boot and setup!)

TWRP is now released.

SurNubs

Dec 28, 2017
Are there any users that might be able to compare it to DU experience? Does it have further customization? Or just different?
yes it does have more customization then du this rom has all the things you may need all in one several themes you can choose from fonts navbar settings a whole lot i have been testing it for quite some time i give props to the dev since he made this possible.

Reactions: jcrompton
G

GuestK00292

Thanks for the ROM. I flashed the zip through TWRP and all seems good so far :good:

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Don't have my 3a XL yet, but plan on flashing this as soon as I get it. Link to the flashable zip goes to the system.img file, and on the 3a non-XL page it points to an actual zip. Intended?

stebomurkn420

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Checking in and asking people who would like to test to follow the link I provide. It seems that the installs are working fairly well with TWRP now so I will continue to add both flashable twrp version of the ROM and the images for fastboot. The following link is me experimenting with our kernel source. I have decided to stick with a pure AOSP base without the upstream mainly because I trust google more than myself to clean up conflicts. This link will always stay the same as the builds are updated.

Bootleggers ROM Test Builds for Bonito: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=16sV8KULhC_rXh3WPCGXfwWhprbGeadyq

Dnorris55

Dec 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Thanks for this Rom!
But what is the proper procedure for updating the Rom via twrp without losing data? When I tried to flash the .zip, it seemed to work, but upon reboot, it booted to pixel recovery.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you an excellent experience!

Also, we have our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

This is my personal NugTowersHQ Telegram Group , 24/7 support specifically for Pixel devices.

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
    Code:
    * QS Rows and Colums
    * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
    * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
    * Power Menu Items
    * Battery LED light settings
    * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
    * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
    * Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
    * Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

You can check out the full list of features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
    Code:
    * Shishu (For being there)
    * Ground Zero ROMs Team
    * AOSPExtended
    * ABC ROMs
    * NitrogenOS
    * AICP
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
    * fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    * PixelExperience
    * PureNexus
    * merothh
    * Resurrection Remix
    * AOSiP
    * CrDroid
    * CypherOS
    * PureKat
    * theimpulson
    * MatiHalperin
    * Project Xtended
    * Pixeldust Project
    * AquariOS
    * Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
    * PixysOS 
    * The Memedo Testers team
    * Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
    * You for your interest on our project

Also if you have some ideas, bug fixes, stability improvements, or would like to help support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull Request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources section) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), it will be really appreciated. Have some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
    ROM
    boot.img

How to flash:
    Code:
    - You must know how to use fastboot to flash the rom since there is no TWRP available yet. This will wipe your phone including internal storage.
    - This build includes Gapps
    - Download the ROM and boot.img
    - Flash the boot.img via fastboot (code):  fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - Wipe user data (code):  fastboot erase userdata
    - Reboot into fastboot (code):  fastboot reboot fastboot
    - Use volume keys and power button to select Enter Recovery
    - Select Update via ADB
    Sideload the Bootleg ROM zip (code):  adb sideload BootleggersROM-Queue4bonito.4.7-MadStinky-Unshishufied-20191114-023807.zip
    - Boot into OS

Notes:
    * Do NOT flash magisk/kernels/etc until AFTER first boot.

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
    Device tree
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree

ROM Sources
    Bootleggers Github

06/25/2019:

07/09/2019:
    * Well it seems that @ZVNexus has a fully working version of TWRP in version 3.3.1-4. As before I have provided a flashable ROM zip for TWRP and also the images for a manual flash. This build includes Dank kernel now which is my personally maintained kernel. The features of Dank kernel include Kcal (advanced color control), Wake gestures from @flar2 , and HBM (high brightness mode). I do not upstream my kernel because I am a noob and I trust google to fix any conflicts that may occur when upstreaming more than myself. This update brings the July security update on the ROM and device side and a few bugs worked out with translation.

07/17/2019
    * Yes! I very kind T-mobile associate unlocked my bootloader for me via twitter DM's. Anyone with T-mobile I highly suggest using this method for customer service in general! Let the games begin!

3. Flash ROM

11/16/2019
    * This is the initial build of Bootleggers ROM for Android 10. MOSTLY ALL FEATURES ARE MISSING. Relax, good things are coming! :) Make sure to pay close attention to the install instructions as they have changed from PIE. Enjoy!
    11/16/2019 ****ANDROID 10 ****
    * This is the initial build of Bootleggers ROM for Android 10. MOSTLY ALL FEATURES ARE MISSING. Relax, good things are coming! Make sure to pay close attention to the install instructions as they have changed from PIE. Enjoy!

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bootleggersrom/files/builds/bonito/BETA/
    After a little over a year and a half of maintaining Bootlegger's ROM my time on the team has come to an end. Be sure to check out my other builds in the future! Until then....
    I noticed the 8/5 build is up.. Is it based on the August update?
    Not yet. This will be a big release version 4.3 and the final pie release for Bootleggers...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk