FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

3aXL vs OP7pro? 3A ftw

561 posts
Thanks Meter: 307

By bamfsig45, Senior Member on 13th May 2019, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was going to get the OP7 pro but decided I'd try the Pixel. The price is great, especially with Best buy's 100.00 gift card they give you. 379.00 essentially. Only been 24 hours but so far it's been smooth and no hiccups. I was concerned about only 4gb of ram but haven't ran into any problems. not a huge multitasker and the games I play are minimal and simple. I'm usually on social media, text, email, and phone calls. I may still bite the bullet on the OP7 pro but I'll wait a while and see reviews and hopefully TMobile will have some demo units. That price and curved screen are making me 2nd guess that decision though. Coming from just having a 6T, I don't notice that I'm using an inferior processor and less ram. At least So far I don't.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bamfsig45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bamfsig45 Ad-Free

13th May 2019, 03:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 785

More
This phone is a very good example of commodification, it's coming and I don't see anything that can stop it over the longer term. They fought this tooth and nail with PCs and they held on for quite a while but failed. I think the same will happen here. I was a hardcore phone guy, bought a new one every six months, sometimes more often than that. Always the best because the best was better, I'm talking about the kind of better that made your life a little easier every day. That's largely gone now. I traded my 3 XL for the 6T which came out a week after. I was in the Tmo store comparing them side to side and I simply could not come up with a reason why I should keep the 1k phone over the 6T which was just over half it's price. Sure the XL was better in some respects but it was also worse in some ways. Now here I am with an aXL and I don't see this trend changing.

This is just me, you may see it differently. The 7 Pro will be excellent. I'm looking at it myself but I have the feeling that I've gotten off the flagship treadmill and I'm not sure I want to get back on until something really new like foldables (that don't break before they can be released) are out there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krabman Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 08:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 952

More
I agree word by word with you guys.
14th May 2019, 09:03 PM |#4  

More
Oh my, that 7 looks pretty darn spiffy. Lust factor going through the roof... Down boy! DOWN!
The Following User Says Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krabman Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 02:31 AM |#5  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 670

More
I've had nearly every one plus device from the beginning including a 6 most recently and was planning on getting a 7 pro. But I thought about the things they improved: those were not the things that annoyed by about the 1+6. The 3a is a more well rounded phone with incredible software and I'm really enjoying the one I just picked up. Really impressed with the CPU, no studders or lag at all, it's just as fast as my OnePlus 6.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxBrun0xx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxBrun0xx Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 04:55 AM |#6  

More
Huh, I don't see that. My 6T should be no better or worse than your 6 but when I hold them side to side and fiddle them it's no question faster. Thankfully if I'm just screwing around with this one by itself it feels fluid and satisfying for the most part, I do get some redraws and there is some hitching up at times doing things like opening the main menu but for all that it's not enough to trigger any dissatisfaction. I've had 3 OnePlus devices, like the Pixel in use they're better than they are on paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krabman Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 11:41 AM |#7  
Flag CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabman

Huh, I don't see that. My 6T should be no better or worse than your 6 but when I hold them side to side and fiddle them it's no question faster. Thankfully if I'm just screwing around with this one by itself it feels fluid and satisfying for the most part, I do get some redraws and there is some hitching up at times doing things like opening the main menu but for all that it's not enough to trigger any dissatisfaction. I've had 3 OnePlus devices, like the Pixel in use they're better than they are on paper.

App load time is definitely shorter on the OnePlus and it holds way more apps in ram. I really meant that if using the pixel on its own (not side by side), it's not noticeably shower than the OP6. Really digging the software on the pixel, the built in speakers, and the haptic motor at the moment. Missing the flashlight gesture and double tap to wake
The Following User Says Thank You to xxBrun0xx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxBrun0xx Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 02:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 952

More
I thought 3a XL had double tap to wake, isn't it so?
16th May 2019, 05:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giocarro

I thought 3a XL had double tap to wake, isn't it so?

Yes it does, it works for me, I do have always on display, not sure if this is required to work though. Double tap works great for me.
16th May 2019, 05:50 PM |#10  
Flag CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoprh

Yes it does, it works for me, I do have always on display, not sure if this is required to work though. Double tap works great for me.

The screen has to be on in some way for double tap to wake to work. Either ambient display or always on display. If your screen is totally off, double tap to wake doesn't work.
16th May 2019, 05:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

The screen has to be on in some way for double tap to wake to work. Either ambient display or always on display. If your screen is totally off, double tap to wake doesn't work.

I assumed that, that is why I mentioned that I have AOD active, I always use AOD on devices that have that option and having DTW is a plus. On a different note, Google should add a way of turning off AOD at night, like most other manufactures do, I put a piece of paper on top of the proximity sensor to turn off AOD at night to achieve this xD
The Following User Says Thank You to hugoprh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hugoprh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)