FORUMS

[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Sargo][Unofficial]

1,807 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,066

Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP
Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Google Pixel 3a

Contributors
Skittles9823
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Febuary 2020 security patch
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-07
Last Updated 2020-02-16
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 12:38 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Installation procedure:
Have an unlocked bootloader (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Make sure to backup internal storage as wiping data will delete everything.

Reboot to fastboot and flash the provided boot.img with the following commands:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot.img
reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from ADB":
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.
Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Update procedure:

Reboot into recovery using the same method provided in the install procedure.
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/updated-rom.zip
If you aren't using Magisk, that's all you need to do. Reboot back into system and you'll be updated.

Updating with Magisk:
If there is a kernel update or a security patch is merged you'll need to patch the new boot.img. Just download the updated boot image, patch it using Magisk manager, and flash it in fastboot after sideloading the rom update.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Currently none, let me know what you find!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 12:38 AM |#3  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your firmware versions in reports.
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 12:40 AM |#4  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 02:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.

Is that a mandatory step?
Thank you a lot for - I'm sure - the good work!
8th February 2020, 04:00 AM |#6  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakax

Is that a mandatory step?
Thank you a lot for - I'm sure - the good work!

Yes, you must factory reset if you want to flash any custom roms.

There is a chance it'll boot but I doubt you'll have no issues and you won't be given support for said issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 05:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Let's say I root. Do I need to flash the attached boot image or uninstall magisk before I sideload an update?

Also, will dirty flashing be okay for updates or is a clean flash strongly recommended/necessary?
9th February 2020, 12:11 AM |#8  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis724

Let's say I root. Do I need to flash the attached boot image or uninstall magisk before I sideload an update?

Also, will dirty flashing be okay for updates or is a clean flash strongly recommended/necessary?

For magisk just patch the boot image provided in the OP. You'll need to flash a magisk patched image after updating the rom (you'll not need to download a new boot image unless the kernel updates or a security patch update is merged).

Dirty flashing is fine. I'll update the installation post with some more info on updating.

Currently the inbuilt updater does not work, so when updates happen don't use it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
10th February 2020, 09:18 PM |#10  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 16

More
sweetness runs awesome thank you so much you are the man
11th February 2020, 06:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
If I install upgrade miss magisk and root?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)