FORUMS

Hiss noise in video recording

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By gallogeometraluca, Junior Member on 11th August 2019, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi! After the Q DP6 update all the video recorded from the rear camera have an annoyng hiss noise...
I've try with Google camera, whatsapp and other camera app... Everytime the same problem...
No matter what resolution or setting, hiss for all the time!
I've also ereased the Google cam data..
Anyone have the same problem?
Anyone have an idea of what can i do?
From P to DP5 all fine...
15th August 2019, 08:50 PM |#2  
n1kolaa's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 4,124
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogeometraluca

Hi! After the Q DP6 update all the video recorded from the rear camera have an annoyng hiss noise...
I've try with Google camera, whatsapp and other camera app... Everytime the same problem...
No matter what resolution or setting, hiss for all the time!
I've also ereased the Google cam data..
Anyone have the same problem?
Anyone have an idea of what can i do?
From P to DP5 all fine...

report in google pixel app, not usefull to report it here
19th August 2019, 09:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've tried...
I'm in beta, no support!
5th September 2019, 02:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogeometraluca

I've tried...
I'm in beta, no support!

Hi, I have the same problem now with my Pixel 3a and Android 10 (everything stock). Before updating everything was fine.
I contacted pixel support and they told me that may be one of my apps that's messing with the camera, and to unistall my apps one by one to try to find which one is responsible for this situation (in safe mode the camera is working fine).
Did you find some way to fix it?
6th September 2019, 02:57 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Kraków
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Hi there. Same here, glad to find I am not alone.

After some panic and then some 4 hours night trying all the apps, trying safe mode etc. I know the culprit: it is Google App with Assistant listening in the background. When you set the voice match to listen to your "OK Google" command (in G App setting->voice match) then you have the hiss. When you turn the function off it goes away. What is funny there is no hiss if you record using front camera. At least good it is not hardware, but extremely unpro from Google as it is their own app that causes the problem. I guess Android 10 is just not polished yet.

I am searching for the most direct way to report it, already did it through settings->tips&co->feedback, but would like to directly contact the Google App devs. Any idea?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomek Krakowski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomek Krakowski Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 04:04 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek Krakowski

Hi there. Same here, glad to find I am not alone.

After some panic and then some 4 hours night trying all the apps, trying safe mode etc. I know the culprit: it is Google App with Assistant listening in the background. When you set the voice match to listen to your "OK Google" command (in G App setting->voice match) then you have the hiss. When you turn the function off it goes away. What is funny there is no hiss if you record using front camera. At least good it is not hardware, but extremely unpro from Google as it is their own app that causes the problem. I guess Android 10 is just not polished yet.

I am searching for the most direct way to report it, already did it through settings->tips&co->feedback, but would like to directly contact the Google App devs. Any idea?

Hi, thank you very much, it worked!
I don't know any other way to contact the Google Apps devs, but I'm sending an email to the Google support agent I talked with yesterday for this problem.
If you find another way to report it, let me know and I'll do it too.
Have a nice day.
6th September 2019, 04:28 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Kraków
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredes87

Hi, thank you very much, it worked!
I don't know any other way to contact the Google Apps devs, but I'm sending an email to the Google support agent I talked with yesterday for this problem.
If you find another way to report it, let me know and I'll do it too.
Have a nice day.

Could you send me his/her e-mail address as well? I would report it wherever possible as many times as possible And keep us posted if any news - as will I.

I would guess that not many people might have noticed the bug yet (it's like 3 days since the debut of Android 10), but as it is software based and on a fresh, new Android version then perhaps quite a bunch of people are having this bug, but don't know about it yet or don't know where to find help.

Bests
7th September 2019, 10:13 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek Krakowski

Hi there. Same here, glad to find I am not alone.

After some panic and then some 4 hours night trying all the apps, trying safe mode etc. I know the culprit: it is Google App with Assistant listening in the background. When you set the voice match to listen to your "OK Google" command (in G App setting->voice match) then you have the hiss. When you turn the function off it goes away. What is funny there is no hiss if you record using front camera. At least good it is not hardware, but extremely unpro from Google as it is their own app that causes the problem. I guess Android 10 is just not polished yet.

I am searching for the most direct way to report it, already did it through settings->tips&co->feedback, but would like to directly contact the Google App devs. Any idea?

Your solution work very well and solve the problem!!!
Thanks!!!
14th September 2019, 02:44 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Kraków
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Happy to help Still the issue is not really resolved as this solution handicaps one of Assistants main functions.

I have reported it here: https://support.google.com/pixelphon...14361608?hl=en

Hope this helps and the issue is resolved with the next update of Android 10 or Google App.
15th September 2019, 01:59 PM |#10  
-Luigi.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Blumenau
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Aside from the hiss problem, does the audio recording quality on A10 is the same from Android 9? For videos and audio messages...
17th September 2019, 11:01 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I didn't notice any quality loss

For the hiss problema I send a feedback with "tips & support" in settings!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes