FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

anyone with the Belkin boostup stand?

1,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 337

By kellybrf, Senior Member on 8th November 2019, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had this for my 3XL and it works great to actually fast charge the phone. nIve noticed that my 4XL and my wife's 4 no longer charge rapidly. I know the 4 requires EPP and can't find anything saying the boostup has it, but a Google search turns up nothing about people having issues.

ive also figured out that once my 4xl reaches 100% on the boostup, it stops charging and doesn't start again. I haven't tested that with my wife's 4 yet, and haven't figured out if it exhibits the same behavior on other wireless chargers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
8th November 2019, 04:32 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta Area
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Go here and search for your exact model and see what it shows for power profile. Extended Power Profile (EPP) is what you'll need for fast charging on the Pixel 4.

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products
8th November 2019, 04:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf

I had this for my 3XL and it works great to actually fast charge the phone. nIve noticed that my 4XL and my wife's 4 no longer charge rapidly. I know the 4 requires EPP and can't find anything saying the boostup has it, but a Google search turns up nothing about people having issues.

ive also figured out that once my 4xl reaches 100% on the boostup, it stops charging and doesn't start again. I haven't tested that with my wife's 4 yet, and haven't figured out if it exhibits the same behavior on other wireless chargers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The belkin boost up that worked specifically for the pixel 3 will not work well with the pixel 4. I have the same one. It will charge at 5 watt max and it also seems to intermittently stop charging at certain levels.
The Following User Says Thank You to elreydenj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elreydenj Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 05:28 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reTARDIS

Go here and search for your exact model and see what it shows for power profile. Extended Power Profile (EPP) is what you'll need for fast charging on the Pixel 4.

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products

Quote:
Originally Posted by elreydenj

The belkin boost up that worked specifically for the pixel 3 will not work well with the pixel 4. I have the same one. It will charge at 5 watt max and it also seems to intermittently stop charging at certain levels.

good to know, and thanks. according to the wpc site it does support EPP. I'm surprised I can't find anybody else complaining about this
8th November 2019, 05:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf

good to know, and thanks. according to the wpc site it does support EPP. I'm surprised I can't find anybody else complaining about this

i dont thnk a lot of people bought the belkin for the pixel 3 TBH
8th November 2019, 05:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elreydenj

i dont thnk a lot of people bought the belkin for the pixel 3 TBH

true, but it got some love when Walmart marked them down to $40 and then target clearanced them out for $15-20
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)