FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best watch with good battery?

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By crusht, Senior Member on 29th November 2019, 01:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought the 4xl for a friend and setting it up for him. He also wants a watch that is fully compatible and has great battery.

I understand phones but know nothing about watches. Please help.
29th November 2019, 01:49 PM |#2  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusht

I bought the 4xl for a friend and setting it up for him. He also wants a watch that is fully compatible and has great battery.

I'm a Fossil Gen 5 running Wear OS owner and my wife is a FitBit Versa 1 owner. My Gen 5 for sure is smartwatch as it's main priority so it's definitely more feature full in terms of interactions with notifications. My wife loves how I can reply with either voice to text, drawing or selecting an emoji, or swiping to type a message on a little keyboard. However, the battery life is definitely a daily charge especially if you sleep track. I top it off in the morning and before going to sleep. Her Versa 1 is much more limited in smartwatch functions but does have a better minimum 4-5+ day battery.

I would say a Wear OS device with good battery is the TicWatch Pro with 4G/LTE. It's actually the same price as the Fossil but has the option for 4G/LTE, larger screen, and has a second, low battery usage screen that extends it's like to 2+ days depending on usage. I would say the downside is the design but that's personal preference and it's got an older processor. Don't get the non-4G/LTE version of the TicWatch Pro because it has only 512MB compared to 1GB and it makes a big difference for performance.

Samsung's are pretty good and run their own Tizen OS but I hear you only get the most out of them with Samsung phones. Not 100% sure.

I believe all these devices have Black Friday deals going on right now so make sure he chooses sooner than later.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to EeZeEpEe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EeZeEpEe Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 03:18 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Depending what He wants you can also look at Fitbit.
Mine shows time, heart rate and sleep besides the usual walking running etc and are cheaper and have longer battery life then some of the more expensive ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to tfn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tfn Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 10:02 PM |#4  
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Best Watch in Market Compatible with Android

Galaxy Active 2
Huawei GT 2

30th November 2019, 08:43 AM |#5  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Ran into issues with LTE on my Galaxy Active Watch 2 and the Pixel 4 XL.

Besides that, my battery life has suffered while on the watch. I used to average a decent 6 hours of SoT, it's down to about 5 now when I've got a notification heavy day. ymmv
30th November 2019, 08:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
I have Garmin Fenix 5x. 12 to 14 days between charges.
Garmin has bunch of smart watches for active people. It's function as smart watch is limited, but you get all the notification. Which was all i needed

3rd December 2019, 12:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

3rd December 2019, 02:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

As suggested by others, the TicWatch Pro is a great option. Even more so if you are on Verizon. It is better suited to a man's wrist though.
If looking for a unisex option, or looking for a female friend, go for Samsung's Galaxy Watch. Available in 2 dial sizes and multiple color options.
Hope this helps.
3rd December 2019, 08:00 PM |#9  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I own both Samsung Gear Sport and Fitbit Versa 2. If you want fast smartwatch with a lots of features, go with Samsung smartwatches (but battery life will be ~2 days, 3 days if you turn off always on display).

If you are okay with some less functionality and great battery life, go with Versa 2 (I get around 5 days battery life with 24 hr use, except removing for an hour or so in a day, I dont turn on always on display which reduces battery life by 1.5 days)
6th December 2019, 06:35 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Anchorage, AK
Thanks Meter: 668

More
I have the Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm, my wife as the 40mm. Both are Bluetooth/WiFi models. The 44mm gets ~3 days of battery life, the 40mm gets just over a day. I've never really seen the appeal of paying for LTE on a watch if I always have my phone on me.
6th December 2019, 11:19 AM |#11  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I got amazfit bip watch and it lasts about 30 days battery per charge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)