FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cheapo $9 EBAY Generic Desktop Stand - Fast Charging 13w + working w/Samsung AC/USB

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By mrbogusbaxter, Member on 27th December 2019, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cheap! $9.00 (20w) Generic Desktop Fast Charging Stand (Working w/NON OEM AC USB) including SAMSUNG Fast Wireless AC / USB

First let me say I have absolute ZERO affiliation to anything relating the sale of this product!
I am just sharing the wealth here for as being still such an unclarity on proper working charging accessories. A small gamble I took on purchasing (2) of these cheapies on EBAY turned out to be quite
a surprise.

Using with GP4XL (Unlocked)
• Fast Wireless Charging (13.2w confirmed)
• Charger immediately recognized on device (as PIXEL STAND) enabling additional GOOGLE ASSISTANT software
• Working w/various GENERIC AC Adapters & USB cables (YAY!)
including SAMSUNG FAST WIRELESS AC / USB + more
• No issues of overheating or phone getting warm.

I am unsure if the specs are EPP charging (as a listed requirement of FAST CHARGING via Google) though it seems to be doing the job as if it was.

What I did find ODD is that these chargers DO NOT play nice using the GENUINE AC Adapter & USB C cable that shipped with the PIXEL 4. SLOW CHARGING AT MAX! Go Figure?
I have tested various older USB cables and USB C adapters and all with no issues w/Fast Charging (though obviously keep in mind results do vary with stuff like this!)
Regardless, for $9 bux, its worth checking out for anyone who is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20W-Wireles...53.m2749.l2649

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000.jpg
Views:	1262
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	4911799   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1272
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	4911801   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	4911803   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	4911805  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrbogusbaxter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrbogusbaxter Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 05:07 AM |#2  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 240

More
If what you're saying is true then this is a Pixel stand for a fraction of the cost. That's pretty awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
2nd January 2020, 10:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 423

More
for 10 bucks I'll give it a try. Worse comes to worse I can use it to charge other phones in the house.
3rd January 2020, 03:02 PM |#4  
Southern Indiana
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I have one on the way from China. Will report back when it arrives.

6th January 2020, 02:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dumb question: does the generic AC USB plug being used with this stand still need to be USB-PD capable?
6th January 2020, 02:44 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsr2

Dumb question: does the generic AC USB plug being used with this stand still need to be USB-PD capable?

I think it only needs to be quick charge 2.0/3.0 capable. Didn't the OP say he had trouble using the original pixel charger that came with his phone? I actually ran into issues using my original pixel wall charger with some wireless car charger mounts. They worked fine with QC chargers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
7th January 2020, 04:34 AM |#7  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 406

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryppie

I have one on the way from China. Will report back when it arrives.

I ordered one too for 10 bucks it's worth a try.
8th January 2020, 11:09 PM |#8  
Southern Indiana

More
They sent two of these to me. Both show max 8.4 watts no matter what cable/plug I use and I have many. It also does not present itself as a Pixel Stand - those features are not available.

To add, I noticed the stands get in a state that bounces power on/off very quickly and doesn't stop. I would avoid these.

10th January 2020, 01:25 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryppie

They sent two of these to me. Both show max 8.4 watts no matter what cable/plug I use and I have many. It also does not present itself as a Pixel Stand - those features are not available.

To add, I noticed the stands get in a state that bounces power on/off very quickly and doesn't stop. I would avoid these.

What do you mean it bounces on and off? Like it says charging and then says it's not charging at the bottom?

10th January 2020, 05:25 AM |#10  
Southern Indiana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff

What do you mean it bounces on and off? Like it says charging and then says it's not charging at the bottom?

Yes, bouncing like a bad port on a router/switch. It goes from charging/not charging very quickly over and over after about 3-5 minutes of charging.
11th January 2020, 06:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
mine arrived today, I can also confirm slow charging and no pixel stand functionality no matter what adapter or cable I use
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pixel 4 stand

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)