FORUMS

My thoughts on Dbrand Grip Case

113 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By cimbajunior, Senior Member on 1st May 2020, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am not a big fan of phone cases and never actually used one on my Pixel devices but this frosted glass on Pixel 4 is soo slippery so I decided to go with a dbrand case because of case customization. I can tell that the case really is super grippy and my phone doesn´t slide out of my pocket like before.
Only problem for me is the main selling point of this case,skins. Installation is super easy and you really can´t mess it up like regular skins but after a day of using it with a skin I noticed that dust collects like crazy around the edges of the skin and it doesn´t look really nice. Now I am using it without a skin and there is no dust at all on the back or edges. It´s still a nice solid case with a lot of protection and I´ll keep using it for sure but without skin. Did anyone else noticed this?
1st May 2020, 04:12 PM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 737

More
I have a skin on mine and no dust gets stuck on the back. The front however, quite a bit of dust accumulates. I'd say that's the only downside of the case though. The level of grip on the case has ruined all other cases for me.
1st May 2020, 04:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysidhu_

I have a skin on mine and no dust gets stuck on the back. The front however, quite a bit of dust accumulates. I'd say that's the only downside of the case though. The level of grip on the case has ruined all other cases for me.

So how do I get so much dust on the back? I ordered limited teardown skin. Maybe the fit is not 100% so dust can come in.
1st May 2020, 05:02 PM |#4  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbajunior

So how do I get so much dust on the back? I ordered limited teardown skin. Maybe the fit is not 100% so dust can come in.

Yeah the only thing I can think of is the fit. I used to have the teardown and now I have robot camo. Both have been dust free for me.
1st May 2020, 05:09 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysidhu_

Yeah the only thing I can think of is the fit. I used to have the teardown and now I have robot camo. Both have been dust free for me.

I'll just order another skin and see how it fits. Kinda like it without skin. It looks sleek.
The Following User Says Thank You to cimbajunior For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cimbajunior Ad-Free
11th May 2020, 10:29 AM |#6  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've been wanting to get the grip case for my Pixel 4 XL but need to know one thing if you can tell me. does wireless charging still work with the case, if not that's a deal breaker for me since I charge my phone at night
11th May 2020, 04:16 PM |#7  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead520

I've been wanting to get the grip case for my Pixel 4 XL but need to know one thing if you can tell me. does wireless charging still work with the case, if not that's a deal breaker for me since I charge my phone at night

Yeah it still works
12th May 2020, 01:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I am also a big fan of the grip case. I have the swarm skin installed, and it just looks and feels awesome. I have a few cases lying around, which are just obsolete at this point. No problem charging wirelessly, but then again i never had any problem with any case regarding qi charging.
15th May 2020, 07:24 AM |#9  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I ordered the case and a carbon fiber skin for my Pixel 4 XL. I just hope the skin is easy to install with no bubbles. I don't wanna mess it up and have it wasted.
16th May 2020, 06:51 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zagreb

More
Just to update everyone. Got the new case and skin yesterday and everything looks good now,no dust at the edges. I don't know what was wrong with the first skin and dust collecting,it's weird.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)