FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Are there any "grippy" cases out there yet?

1,411 posts
Thanks Meter: 497

By localceleb, Senior Member on 5th November 2019, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am coming from a Pixel 2XL and I was using a Pitaka carbon fiber case for the past year. That was one of the best cases I have ever used. The carbon fiber seemed to have a grippy or rubber coating over the case and I never dropped that thing. The TPU cases that claim to have grip are still nothing like what the Pitaka case had. I have reached out to Pitaka and it sounds like they won't be making a case for the Pixel anymore. Bummer.
6th November 2019, 03:40 AM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,265

More
If you're looking for a slim, non-tpu case check out the Spigen Thin Fit. I had one on my LG G7 and got one for my Pixel 4. No problems with grip and definitely better than a TPU or glossy plastic case that gets slippery when you're wet, sweating, or have greasy fingers or something.
6th November 2019, 04:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcolawl

If you're looking for a slim, non-tpu case check out the Spigen Thin Fit. I had one on my LG G7 and got one for my Pixel 4. No problems with grip and definitely better than a TPU or glossy plastic case that gets slippery when you're wet, sweating, or have greasy fingers or something.

The grip on the thin fit is good, but beware that the edges stick up past the screen, and they're sharp. They make using gestures really annoying. I stopped using mine for that reason. They didn't think that one through for the Pixel 4.
6th November 2019, 04:56 PM |#4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21cdb

The grip on the thin fit is good, but beware that the edges stick up past the screen, and they're sharp. They make using gestures really annoying. I stopped using mine for that reason. They didn't think that one through for the Pixel 4.

Yeah, I haven't had that issue really, I don't use the gestures too often, but I can see where you're coming from. I'm hoping they release a Thin Fit 360 in the future, which would correct this issue entirely (at the expense of having a two-piece case design). I had it on my G7 and it was perfect. The only problems I see with that type of case now are they hug the outside of the screen just a tiny bit and tempered glass screen protectors can interfere with installation.
6th November 2019, 05:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm using the black Speck Presidio Grip case. Very grippy, doesn't slide easily on slick surfaces, good drop protection, and not bulky at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesn2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamesn2k Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 06:04 PM |#6  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesn2k

I'm using the black Speck Presidio Grip case. Very grippy, doesn't slide easily on slick surfaces, good drop protection, and not bulky at all.

Same here, it's a very nice case. I had the same on the S10 plus and Pixel 3XL and they were great as well. Can't really go wrong with it but it's a bit pricey compared to others.
6th November 2019, 09:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knife2240

Same here, it's a very nice case. I had the same on the S10 plus and Pixel 3XL and they were great as well. Can't really go wrong with it but it's a bit pricey compared to others.

They can be found cheaper on Amazon. Usually half the price from carrier stores
6th November 2019, 10:04 PM |#8  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesn2k

They can be found cheaper on Amazon. Usually half the price from carrier stores

I just checked Amazon and they are the same price as local stores here. Give it a few months and yes Amazon will be cheaper but not today.
7th November 2019, 04:38 AM |#9  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
EFM Aspen Case
Check out the EFM Aspen Case. I've got it and it's super grippy. I've posted pics of it on another thread, but here's links for you:

https://myefm.com/case-armour/aspen/...l-4-case-black
https://photos.app.goo.gl/s6NcZgQineGLQuYv9
12th November 2019, 09:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Take a look at the imak TPU cases. They have a Metal Black (rubbery) and a rough texture one. I use the Metal Black one on my Pixel 1 and it has lasted almost 2 years. Good grip even for the non rough one, but has started to peel after 2 years. No biggie, it's $5.

It's on Aliexpress, I may try out the rough one this time as well when I get my 4.
13th November 2019, 04:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
RhinoShield Bumper Case preorders are up, just got mine...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)