488 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By DinarQ8, Senior Member on 16th October 2019, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I really like Phantomskinz i used every year

See how anti scratch

https://youtu.be/DRNDlaZJ6qo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DinarQ8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DinarQ8 Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 11:46 PM |#2  
Flag Chandler
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Thanks for the compliments We got all Pixel and Pixel 4 XL pre-orders shipped out as of yesterday.
7th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I just received a set of PhantomSkinz for my 4 XL.
There are no cutouts for sensors or selfie cam.
Will try it on anyways, and report back if it interferes. Any word on this?
Also have a set of SuperShieldz PET type, which have a generous cutout across the entire top. Will go to that if I run into any issues, worked well on my 3 XL for a full year.
Steaming up the bathroom rn... my least favorite OCD activity of all time, the installs for these.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru

Thanks for the compliments We got all Pixel and Pixel 4 XL pre-orders shipped out as of yesterday.

Hate to break it to you, but your first batch of protectors aren't wide enough. Even with perfect alignment there is about 1.25mm of exposed display area on each side. :\
7th November 2019, 11:16 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selectormoldy

Yes. And the protector not fits edge to edge. Every year i order from them and it was perfect. I will email them to see how they can help me

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DinarQ8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DinarQ8 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 06:46 PM |#6  
Flag Chandler
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

Also have a set of SuperShieldz PET type, which have a generous cutout across the entire top. Will go to that if I run into any issues, worked well on my 3 XL for a full year.
Steaming up the bathroom rn... my least favorite OCD activity of all time, the installs for these.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Hate to break it to you, but your first batch of protectors aren't wide enough. Even with perfect alignment there is about 1.25mm of exposed display area on each side. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinarQ8

Yes. And the protector not fits edge to edge. Every year i order from them and it was perfect. I will email them to see how they can help me

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Three things:
  1. We did discover an issue with our screen protectors for the Google Pixel 4 XL as a result of these comments and your calls/emails. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. There was a communication issue between the product designers and our guys producing the screen protectors. The updated case-friendly screen protector will extend 1.17mm further around all outer edges. For the left and right edges, this is basically right on the edge of the visible screen.
  2. There is no edge-to-edge screen protector option for this device. Only case-friendly. The reason being is the curve of the glass and the ultra low surface energy of the oleophobic coating on the glass which reduces the adhesion of our screen protectors.
  3. We typically do not provide cutouts for under glass sensors or selfie cameras as shown in the product photos on our website and as addressed on our FAQ page https://phantomskinz.com/frequently-...#ScreenCutouts. We have done quite a bit of testing with many different devices and have never found any adverse affect, nor have we had any actual complaints. We believe our version provides the best protection and the highest quality photos due to the lack of grease buildup which would occur if there were a cutout.

As a result of the previously incorrect screen protector design, we will be offering free replacement screen protectors if you have an affected unit. Please email us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the updated version, or to request a replacement. Again, thank you for bringing the issue to our attention and thanks for choosing PhantomSkinz
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomSkinz Guru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhantomSkinz Guru Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 02:27 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru

Quote:

Hate to break it to you, but your first batch of protectors aren't wide enough. Even with perfect alignment there is about 1.25mm of exposed display area on each side. :

Hi guys,

Three things:

We did discover an issue with our screen protectors for the Google Pixel 4 XL as a result of these comments and your calls/emails. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. There was a communication issue between the product designers and our guys producing the screen protectors. The updated case-friendly screen protector will extend 1.17mm further around all outer edges. For the left and right edges, this is basically right on the edge of the visible screen.
There is no edge-to-edge screen protector option for this device. Only case-friendly. The reason being is the curve of the glass and the ultra low surface energy of the oleophobic coating on the glass which reduces the adhesion of our screen protectors.
We typically do not provide cutouts for under glass sensors or selfie cameras as shown in the product photos on our website and as addressed on our FAQ page https://phantomskinz.com/frequently-...ScreenCutouts. We have done quite a bit of testing with many different devices and have never found any adverse affect, nor have we had any actual complaints. We believe our version provides the best protection and the highest quality photos due to the lack of grease buildup which would occur if there were a cutout.

As a result of the previously incorrect screen protector design, we will be offering free replacement screen protectors if you have an affected unit. Please email us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the updated version, or to request a replacement. Again, thank you for bringing the issue to our attention and thanks for choosing PhantomSkinz

Very nice of you to do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)