FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Review] Metal Saviour Case for Your Pixel 4Xl

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By SuperLeakTX, Member on 3rd November 2019, 11:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have owned this case for 2 weeks and waited to see how it would stand up to some use before my review.

I like this case how it feels and looks and I have garnered some nice compliments. I have mine in red and black. There is also an extra front cover with raised lips 3mm height and that is dayum good for screen protection. But opting not to use a screen protector with this case proved to be a downside. You should always get a tempered screen protector on your own.

I'm not about to drop it and test the Military Grade drop protection, so I'll be taking their word for that part. I have dropped my phone 3 times from waist high to face down on the cement, there is barely anything happened to my phone.
On a positive note, it does work with wireless charging and is not too heavy.
The rubber border doesn't look high-end; I think a clear border would look sharper, but it is much easier to hold onto with the case installed rather than just the slippery phone itself.

Just a word of advice, wipe down the back of your phone before putting the phone in the case.
Overall, an excellent case and definitely bang for your buck.

Link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZVB8LGZ?ref=myi_title_dp

Link to Website: https://www.schnailcase.com/collections/pixel4xl

You can win a free case here :
https://www.schnailcase.com/pages/ge...-case-for-free
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperLeakTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperLeakTX Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 12:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLeakTX

Just a word of advice, wipe down the back of your phone, especially the apple logo, before putting the phone in the case.
Overall, an excellent case and definitely bang for your buck.

I'll definitely wipe down my Apple logo!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilal2ielli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilal2ielli Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 12:27 AM |#3  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilal2ielli

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
4th November 2019, 02:48 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:

LMAO
Did I mention anything about iPhone?
4th November 2019, 03:00 AM |#5  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Quote:

LMAO

Yup

Quote:

Just a word of advice, wipe down the back of your phone, especially the apple logo, before putting the phone in the case.

The Following User Says Thank You to EeZeEpEe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EeZeEpEe Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 03:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

LMAO

I guess reading comprehension and proof reading your posts isn't your strong suit.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilal2ielli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilal2ielli Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 03:23 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I guess reading comprehension and proof reading your posts isn't your strong suit.

Dang, I am iSheep now
9th November 2019, 06:34 PM |#8  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,425

Donate to Me
More
Got one of these myself, it's a bit bulky but I personally don't mind that.
The sound redirection is good, more often than not I would accidentally cover the bottom speaker watching videos and this solves that.
I'll see how well it protects my phone at work. I work in asphalt production and we will see how it takes the abuse.

10th November 2019, 12:30 AM |#9  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 482

More
I grabbed one, felt like I was going to break my phone putting it in and taking it out.
10th November 2019, 03:46 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarden

I grabbed one, felt like I was going to break my phone putting it in and taking it out.

you just need to read the instruction. If that does not help, you might need to watch the video

At least it means the case is snuggggyyyy
10th November 2019, 03:59 AM |#11  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:

you just need to read the instruction. If that does not help, you might need to watch the video

At least it means the case is snuggggyyyy

I think there is a balance to be had. I did look at the pictures (I assume that is what you meant by "read" the instructions). Mine just had pictures.

I'm not a phone dropper. I think the last phone I dropped was a Helio Ocean.

So for me it's a balance of peace of mind (protection), function, and aesthetics. Sometimes I might need to take it out of the case... I literally needed to go get unrelated stuff to get the phone out (at first a flathead, but it ended up being easier with a credit card). It took several minutes to get it in and I was legit concerned about too much pressure.

I didn't go watch a video and there's no reference to a video on the insert.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)