[CLOSED][Kernel][March]FrankenKernel[P4][4.14.172]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
Hi all,
I use Frankenkernel daily and quite happy with it, especially regarding battery life.

Only problem : I have at least once a day a deep freeze, forcing me to hard reboot.
Is there any setting that may avoid it? Is this kernel related?

My only settings for now are screen color calibrating and high brightness mode: could this be related?

PS: Small non-XL Pixel 4 rooted with Magisk.

Thanks a lot in advance.
D
Are you using any magisk modules?

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Hi all,
I use Frankenkernel daily and quite happy with it, especially regarding battery life.

Only problem : I have at least once a day a deep freeze, forcing me to hard reboot.
Is there any setting that may avoid it? Is this kernel related?

My only settings for now are screen color calibrating and high brightness mode: could this be related?

PS: Small non-XL Pixel 4 rooted with Magisk.

Thanks a lot in advance.
D
This also happens to me. Mostly right after boot up. I would then have to hard reboot. Sometime multiple times before it actually I can actually use my phone. This happens with no modules installed or changes to the Kernel settings.

Sent from my Motorola Moto G (5S) Plus using XDA Labs

Reactions: calxk713

WiZARD7

Oct 25, 2007
I had the same deep freeze issue right after installing RQ10.8
Aftet rebooting the faceid was not working.
Now after 3rd reboot it looks ok.

(rooted with magisk + modules: pixel 4 tele extender, riru core, riru edxposed, systemless hosts + xposed)

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
I'm using other kernel listed here. I'm rooted. Is it absolutely necessary to flash stock kernel and dtbo 1st, before flashing this one? Wondering if I could just flash this over my current one. Thanks

Never mind, just swap the post above...lol

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
FRANKENKERNEL

Franken is a rom and kernel project from all the best projects out for our pixel 4..Its a combo of bits,patches and merges from all the great source provided by the many great developers around the community! A special thanks to unicornblood for its base used in this ver of franken!

Upstream and google based builds!

Features
-Adreno Boost
-wake gestures-flar
-Kcal
-tripndroid io
-maple io
-Advanced tcp (sociopath)(argilesd)
-reworked boost
-hbm
-backlight dim
-wakelock blocker
-many more check github

Flashing
fk kernel manager has been the only place i flashed but im sure there is other methods ak3 will retain root!

If coming from another kernel it's always best to flash stock kernel then Franken!!

Im not responsible if you blow up or turn your p4 into a hand warmer.Flash at your own risk!

Downloads
https://lab.dirtyrom.com/p4/

Telegram
https://t.me/frankenRom

Donations
https://paypal.me/FrankenKernel?locale.x=en_US

Thanks
josh (du) base
freak
despair dev
Flar

XDA:DevDB Information
FrankenKernel, Kernel for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Contributors
dabug123
Source Code:https://github.com/Dabug123/Pixel4

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: QU5
Stable Release Date: 2019-11-04

Created 2019-11-03
Last Updated 2019-11-03

Do you have a Kernal for the Pixel 2 XL?

moseskim

Sep 2, 2007
Chicago
Hey I installed the RQ.10 over a clean December update for the P4 XL unlocked on T-Mobile. I used FK manager. My wifi calling was broken, would connect for a second then stop. Did the usual restart, turning it off and on, different wifi networks, etc. Switched back to stock and it works fine under same conditions. How can I debug this to get more information on why it's happening?

Donric13

Nov 10, 2014
Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I like this kernel for his battery life with the blackened mod. But on my device its highly unstable. Tried a clean install of december patch with 10qu and 10.9. Also older versions. Also have magisk and v4a and ainur mod... Until now i don't know if it's the mod or the kernel with the magisk modules makes it unstable. I have freezes. Today aftet updating to 10.9 i got stucked in boot logo. Even flashing stock boot with stock dtbo to both slots didn't help. Had to wipe my device and start all over. In my opinion especially the v4a with blackend mod with this great kernel makes the device unstable. So anybody has an advice what combo with this kernel, mod and v4a works best? Maybe also xfirefly reads it and has an idea...

Reactions: ibphantom

xFirefly93

Jan 10, 2018
Timrå
I like this kernel for his battery life with the blackened mod. But on my device its highly unstable. Tried a clean install of december patch with 10qu and 10.9. Also older versions. Also have magisk and v4a and ainur mod... Until now i don't know if it's the mod or the kernel with the magisk modules makes it unstable. I have freezes. Today aftet updating to 10.9 i got stucked in boot logo. Even flashing stock boot with stock dtbo to both slots didn't help. Had to wipe my device and start all over. In my opinion especially the v4a with blackend mod with this great kernel makes the device unstable. So anybody has an advice what combo with this kernel, mod and v4a works best? Maybe also xfirefly reads it and has an idea...

Isn't v4a and Ainur old as ****..?

bbender716

Sep 11, 2014
Chicago
Quite old (ainur narsil from 12.8. but working with 10) but best sound mods and main reason to root for me... Maybe gonna try without ainur and look if it's more stable... Anyway testing now a combo with other kernel and your mod to sort out if it's kernel or mod....
Same. Keep me updated on what you find. I've found it to be relatively stable with s couple reboot issues a week but not enough to warrant me uninstalling ainur.

elreydenj

Aug 12, 2012
@dabug123 Is there anyway to look at the vibration strength on sweep to sleep? It changes at times from what should be a light vibration (similar to how it feels when face unlock is completed) to a very jarring vibration. Flar's response to this was that the system is constantly changing vibration strength. I do remember this happening initially on the pixel 3 XL when it first came out and it did get fixed at some point.... Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts