release build 1

chnagelog
-tidy up code to stable point
-added wake gesture,sleep gestures
-vibration control

Downloads
https://lab.dirtyrom.com/p4/FrankenKernel.RQ1.zip

hey,

it´s nice to see you here working on a kernel for the Pixel 4.

I really don´t like to play the devils advocate, but why couldn´t you at least wait until @flar2 opens his own thread for his kernel, before you cherry-pick his work for a new touchscreen driver (wake gestures), without even dropping a little thanks towards him in your changelog?
There is nothing wrong with cherry-picking, but I think flar2 deserves at least the possibility to publish his own kernel (here on XDA), with his own work first, before anybody starts to cherry-pick his work. (including myself)

I know there is technically no rule, that prohibits you from using the code publicly available on flars github in your own kernel. I don´t know if you asked flar2, before you decided to do so. If he allowed it and has no problems with it just disregard this message.
But even if he allowed it, I would just wait for him, if he wants to start a thread on XDA, like he always did on the past. Without him there would probably be not so many device with wake gestures.
Again there is no problem, with cherry-picking but I feel another developer who did some real original development, deserves the credit to publish his own kernel with new work first, before others can start to cherry-pick stuff. (only hours after he uploaded it to his git)
There is no official rule for that, but I feel that´s the spirit of XDA and a little base rule for the community. ( whatever that is and wherever that spirit is)
Not wanting to call you out, but I felt I needed to type this out.

Let´s all work together so we´re staying a nice little community.

Last edited:

dabug123

Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2014
brunswick
hey,

it´s nice to see you here working on a kernel for the Pixel 4.

I really don´t like to play the devils advocate, but why couldn´t you at least wait until @flar2 opens his own thread for his kernel, before you cherry-pick his work for a new touchscreen driver (wake gestures), without even dropping a little thanks towards him in your changelog?
There is nothing wrong with cherry-picking, but I think flar2 deserves at least the possibility to publish his own kernel (here on XDA), with his own work first, before anybody starts to cherry-pick his work. (including myself)

I know there is technically no rule, that prohibits you from using the code publicly available on flars github in your own kernel. I don´t know if you asked flar2, before you decided to do so. If he allowed it and has no problems with it just disregard this message.
But even if he allowed it, I would just wait for him, if he wants to start a thread on XDA, like he always did on the past. Without him there would probably be not so many device with wake gestures.
Again there is no problem, with cherry-picking but I feel another developer who did some real original development, deserves the credit to publish his own kernel with new work first, before others can start to cherry-pick stuff. (only hours after he uploaded it to his git)
There is no official rule for that, but I feel that´s the spirit of XDA and a little base rule for the community. ( whatever that is and wherever that spirit is)
Not wanting to call you out, but I felt I needed to type this out.

Let´s all work together so we´re staying a nice little community.
You really just sent me this smh wow

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
My guess is one of the Magisk mods that folks are using is not playing will with a custom kernel. The thread by @Freak07 has some reports also. Over there it is seemingly good to go with a stock setup other than the kernel. I'm sure once enough users get involved with a wider pool of variables, it'll become obvious what is causing this behavior. I'm personally experiencing it once in a while but as you said a hard boot fixed it. I also almost always have to reboot a second time after adding or updating a magisk module.

Reactions: dubt17

dabug123

Recognized Developer
Sep 25, 2014
brunswick
My guess is one of the Magisk mods that folks are using is not playing will with a custom kernel. The thread by @Freak07 has some reports also. Over there it is seemingly good to go with a stock setup other than the kernel. I'm sure once enough users get involved with a wider pool of variables, it'll become obvious what is causing this behavior. I'm personally experiencing it once in a while but as you said a hard boot fixed it. I also almost always have to reboot a second time after adding or updating a magisk module.

This would probably be a smart reply !! My guess also is that people are not flashing the stock kernel before moving to the other kernel and that is something you should do for sure!! Magisk module are horrible,I had edge module and my phone would not deep sleep after updating, deleted it phone ran great..

Reactions: CyberpodS2

yyz71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts