After rising to the most popular kernel on the Pixel 3/XL forums, here is Kirisakura-Kernel for the Pixel 4 (FLAME) and Pixel 4 XL (CORAL), together FLORAL.
Kirisakura - Kernel is designed to bring a handful of beneficial features to the device, while ensuring excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day!
The kernel always aims to include the latest linux-stable-upstream thereby improving security and stability!
Have a read about linux-stable and why it is important here
The EAS implementation is heavily updated with changes from CAF, kernel/common and other improvements.
To have a read about our scheduler, which is called EAS, take a look here:
- Based on latest kernel sources from Google, Kernel is made for Android 10 (Android Q)!
- Linux-Stable-Upstream included to latest 4.14.151
- include all important fixes/improvements from kernel/common
- include many CAF patches, which are not yet included by Google
- compiled with Clang 10.0.0 and built with -O3 optimizations
- F2FS implementation updated to latest state of kernel/common and kernel.org maintained by Jaegeuk Kim.
- Safety Net patches are included -> Kernel passes Safety Net
- Flashing the kernel will keep root!
- Flashable via EXKM and FKM on a rooted system!
- AnyKernel3 powered by @osm0sis (big thanks!)
EAS related features:
- EAS implementation patched up to latest CAF state
- Schedutil is patched up with kernel/common and CAF patches to improve performance and efficiency!
CPU related features:
- Power saving workingqueues enabled by default (toggleable in EXKM)
have a read here: https://lwn.net/Articles/731052/
this complements EAS in general
- Change various drivers (WLAN, MM, audio, charger, power, thermal, glink etc) to user power efficient workingqueues. This should work well in conjunction with EAS
- include cpuidle patches from CAF
File System related features:
- Include latest f2fs changes found on f2fs stable git
- Include rapid GC by @arter97 ( best thing is to read the commit description linked here. I compared GC on stock google f2fs, upstreamed f2fs and f2fs with rapid GC. Rapid GC is the most effective, followed by upstreamed f2fs.)
GPU related features:
- KCAL to control the display
- KLAPSE integrated
- KCAL/KLAPSE: changes safety measures -> allow completely disabling two RGB values (this was requested to, for example, only have red values on night dimming)
- add ability to reduce minimum brightness
- add high-brightness-mode (HBM)
- Update GPU driver to latest CAF state
- improve GPU performance (overall smoother experience)
Network related features:
- Wireguard Support (Details)
Memory related features:
- updated PSI monitor with latest changes
- improved mm with patches from latest mainline
- various other changes from mainline
- included zstd and lz0-rle as options for ZRAM-algorithm (lz4 is probably the best all around, so only change it if you know why and what you are doing)
Security related features:
- CFI and LTO both kept intact and are used to keep additional security Google implemented for us!
- Shadow Call Stack
TCP Congestion Algorithms:
- advanced algorithms enabled
- includes [URL="https://github.com/freak07/Kirisakura_bluecross/commit/0f8782ea14974ce992618b55f0c041ef43ed0b78#diff-9d300dab5fe08187678045c92cbf5de6"]new bbr2
- advanced wakelock blocker with the ability to block any wakelocks (dangerous, use with caution)
- please read this for further info
- disable logging to make the kernel more lightweight in various places
- remove VLAs from the kernel (more info)
Feature section for the "non visible" but perceptible improvements:
- updated binder section (responsible for interprocess communication)
- updated sdcardfs ; have a read about it here:
- unlocked Bootloader
- USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
- latest adb and fastboot binaries
- working adb and fastboot environment
How to flash the Kernel:
1. Download the kernel.zip to your device
1a. Optional: While it may not be necessary all times, you may want to restore stock boot.img, reroot with magisk and optionally install twrp.zip if coming from another kernel. Before reporting issues make sure you do that! Thank you!
You only need to do either 2a OR 2b
2a. Boot to TWRP and flash my kernel.zip. Root will be preserved! (Currently not working on Android 10 due to no TWRP for the Pixel 4/XL!! )
2b. Flash kernel zip in EX Kernel Manager or FKM app. Root will be preserved!
3. Reboot and profit!
Download is located always in this folder:
Important: Read after Download
Please take a look at the second post after flashing the kernel!
Android 10/ Q Kernels
1.0.0 Initial Release
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome if you want to support development or just buy me a coffee
If you like my work: http://paypal.me/freak07
@osm0sis for all his work, including the ak3 installer!
@tbalden for being the best HTC wingman!
@LeeDroid for his awesome roms!
@Captain_Throwback for all the mentoring and guidance!
@Eliminater74 for bringing me into the game and the Inspiration
@nathanchance for his upstream guidance and assistance
@RenderBroken for all of his work and the stuff I could learn from him
@flar2 for all his work
@joshuous for all the help he provided to me in the past!
@topjohnwu for magisk!
@arter97 , @kdrag0n for helping me out several times!
Kirisakura Kernel, Kernel for the Google Pixel 4 XL
Source Code: https://github.com/freak07/FLORAL
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2019-11-05