This script is created with the goal of improving both battery life and performance on our Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL devices, and should be seen as a fully simple, and customized, under-the-hood kernel configuration with a lot of neat, and carefully selected, adjustments for a notable better device experience, ideal as a top-notch daily driver.
Note: This script is not recommended to be modified or customized by the user.
The latest release can be found here.
- Reduced battery consumption
- Device specific enhancements for best possible balance between battery life & performance
- Disabled a lot of useless stuff at kernel level (Improves battery life as well as performance)
- Power efficiency enhancements
- Wide IO block tuning (Reduces the possibility of hiccups, lags and overhead)
- Possibly other miscellaneous things I've forgotten to write down here, both big and small.
Requirements / what you need for getting this script fully working:
- An unlocked bootloader
- Your own specific choice of kernel
- Latest supported version of Magisk
- Busybox for Android NDK Magisk Module by @osm0sis
Installation / How-To use & abuse:
- 1) Download the attached ZIP
- 2) Extract the script(s)
- 3) Move the script to the following location;
/data/adb/service.d and give it the following & needed file permissions (0775)
- 4) Reboot your phone, let Android boot to the launcher and let Magisk boot service do its crucial magic (takes a few seconds before the scripts is fully up and running around behind the scenes)
- 5) Enjoy!
If you want to try out betas / previews of my script before they are officially released, or just hangout and chat a little, then join the official Telegram group here
This is presented as "what if". If this modification screws up or breaks anything for you, I am not the one to be held responsible. It's a free will to try out this kind of changes/modifications/addons/tweaks, just don't blame the inventors for eventual bad results and/or screw-ups.
- @pkgnex for inspiring me walking into this partially unknown territory.
- @flar2 for his excellent EXKM application
- @osm0sis for his Magisk Busybox module
- Everyone that I've forgotten to mention here
- Optimize and properly tune things even further for best possible balance between battery life, system responsivness and performance
Last updated: 2019-11-19