FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AT&T January OTA update

414 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By splink7007, Senior Member on 12th January 2020, 04:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've side loaded the last 2 monthly updates but want to try and wait for January OTA. Has anyone from AT&T received this months update? Other forum seem to show all other carriers released the update but nothing from AT&T.

Did side loading possibly prevent me from getting ota's?
12th January 2020, 04:56 PM |#2  
Flag SO. Cali.
Thanks Meter: 837

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splink7007

I've side loaded the last 2 monthly updates but want to try and wait for January OTA. Has anyone from AT&T received this months update? Other forum seem to show all other carriers released the update but nothing from AT&T.

Nothing here yet
12th January 2020, 05:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splink7007

AT&T takes about 2 weeks after ota is released!
15th January 2020, 12:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 443

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfrearick

AT&T takes about 2 weeks after ota is released!

I hate this. I flashed all kinds of everything on my 2xl so it didn't matter but I'm too busy lately with my 4xl and just want to stay current lol. Damn you AT&T!
15th January 2020, 02:16 AM |#5  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrant

I hate this. I flashed all kinds of everything on my 2xl so it didn't matter but I'm too busy lately with my 4xl and just want to stay current lol. Damn you AT&T!

I caught your lighthearted lol, but AT&T has nothing to do with it. New images are posted like clockwork every month, both OTA and full. If AT&T is messing with your update, how is it that your image is waiting for you every first Monday of the month? If you don't want to wait your turn in the phased roll-out, there are options.
The Following User Says Thank You to v12xke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v12xke Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 02:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just received my update... Didnt notice no changes yet. Just security files are updated to Jan 2020
15th January 2020, 04:14 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12xke

I caught your lighthearted lol, but AT&T has nothing to do with it. New images are posted like clockwork every month, both OTA and full. If AT&T is messing with your update, how is it that your image is waiting for you every first Monday of the month? If you don't want to wait your turn in the phased roll-out, there are options.

It was a genuine laugh actually, I chuckled when typing it because of how much has changed in life for me over 2 years. If I had the time to do all of that still I would definitely do it myself but getting an update on day 1 when it's released would be nice, even the first week would be sweet. I waited forever for the November update to hit my phone so it isn't exactly a smooth situation by any means.

You are absolutely correct though, there are other methods available to those that don't want to wait and they aren't difficult to do, especially with all the guides out there to follow.
15th January 2020, 05:23 AM |#8  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 997

Donate to Me
More
Gave up waiting myself and sideloaded this month too. Every forum I've gone to it seems Pixels on AT&T, unlocked from Google or from them, seem to be on the waiting list for the update. Hopefully with a "Global" version in January (Japan excluded) the updates from here on out become more routine.
15th January 2020, 02:13 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarus2011

Gave up waiting myself and sideloaded this month too. Every forum I've gone to it seems Pixels on AT&T, unlocked from Google or from them, seem to be on the waiting list for the update. Hopefully with a "Global" version in January (Japan excluded) the updates from here on out become more routine.

About 45 minutes after I posted my last comment I got the OTA. It's weird that AT&T devices seem to be on the back end of the rollout.
15th January 2020, 05:12 PM |#10  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,969

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrant

About 45 minutes after I posted my last comment I got the OTA. It's weird that AT&T devices seem to be on the back end of the rollout.

Someone has to be last 😂😂😂
15th January 2020, 07:06 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

Someone has to be last 😂😂😂

Sad but true. A wise man once said, if you're not first you're last.
The Following User Says Thank You to wgrant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wgrant Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)