FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

best debloat app for pixel 4 XL

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By thepersona, Senior Member on 1st December 2019, 06:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I used ccswe app to debloat apps and close unnecessary apps to preserve battery on my note 10 plus. Is there an alternative for that app for the pixel 4xl?

Adb commands are absolutely too complicated and I use a Mac so that combo isn't ideal. If anyone knows of a simple alternative, suggestions are greatly appreciated.
2nd December 2019, 05:58 PM |#2  
Flag Windsor, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1,050

More
I honestly don't know what there is to debloat on a pixel. Anything you don't want can easily be disabled. No extra apps are necessary. Sure Samsung needs the extra apps for that but pixels...no way.

Sent from my Google Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs
2nd December 2019, 06:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch

I honestly don't know what there is to debloat on a pixel. Anything you don't want can easily be disabled. No extra apps are necessary. Sure Samsung needs the extra apps for that but pixels...no way.

Fair enough, however I've disabled all I could manually yet even the disabled apps when updated show up on my applications so I have to re-disable them again. So I'm hoping there's an app that can permanently disable apps regardless of updating them. Also I'd like to disable certain services with guarantee and the CCSwe app for some reason provided reassurance when disabling apps and Services. Which is why I'm looking to debloat a bit more
2nd December 2019, 07:20 PM |#4  
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepersona

Fair enough, however I've disabled all I could manually yet even the disabled apps when updated show up on my applications so I have to re-disable them again. So I'm hoping there's an app that can permanently disable apps regardless of updating them. Also I'd like to disable certain services with guarantee and the CCSwe app for some reason provided reassurance when disabling apps and Services. Which is why I'm looking to debloat a bit more

What apps are you disabling?

2nd December 2019, 07:49 PM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Very surprised and first time hearing that a pixel phone needs debloating! What exactly is it you want to disable or remove?
2nd December 2019, 09:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition49

Very surprised and first time hearing that a pixel phone needs debloating! What exactly is it you want to disable or remove?

YouTube music for example or pixel live wallpapers. I want them disabled so that when an update arrives at the Play store I can update them freely without them being automatically re-inabled. This is totally doable on my note 10 plus. So I'm curious if there's a way to do it on pixel. Or even Google auto. I'm legally blind and not allowed to drive so that app is useless for me.
2nd December 2019, 09:45 PM |#7  
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:

YouTube music for example or pixel live wallpapers. I want them disabled so that when an update arrives at the Play store I can update them freely without them being automatically re-inabled. This is totally doable on my note 10 plus. So I'm curious if there's a way to do it on pixel. Or even Google auto. I'm legally blind and not allowed to drive so that app is useless for me.

I actually have them disabled and I don't get updates from the playstore unless I re-enable them. I've noticed upon clean flash when I disable apps they do an automatic update and re-enable themselves, but when I clear the data and disable they stay disabled and no updates come through. You don't need extra apps to disable anything in a pixel. Save yourself the headache man.

3rd December 2019, 02:26 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch

I actually have them disabled and I don't get updates from the playstore unless I re-enable them. I've noticed upon clean flash when I disable apps they do an automatic update and re-enable themselves, but when I clear the data and disable they stay disabled and no updates come through. You don't need extra apps to disable anything in a pixel. Save yourself the headache man.

thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it maybe I just might save myself the headache. What did you do the clear the data? Cuz I manually restricted its background usage prevented it from using data in the background cleared cache and cleared storage before force closing the app and then disabling. Am o missing anything? Cuz those specific disabled apps still show up as updates on my play store. Which is what I'm trying to remove. If I update them they will just re-install.
3rd December 2019, 02:44 AM |#9  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
I have Chrome disabled because I use Chrome Beta and it never asks me to update. As you can see, update isn't an option in the Play Store. Maybe try disabling all the apps you want, restart, and check the Play Store?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191202-204231.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	4892657Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191202-204334.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	4892659

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
3rd December 2019, 04:19 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 606

More
i use adb to disable digital wellbeing and system tracing.
3rd December 2019, 08:54 AM |#11  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

I used ccswe app to debloat apps and close unnecessary apps to preserve battery on my note 10 plus. Is there an alternative for that app for the pixel 4xl?

Adb commands are absolutely too complicated and I use a Mac so that combo isn't ideal. If anyone knows of a simple alternative, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

i have been searching for a response to this very question too , only google apps on my phone that i want are google photos, notes, drive and gmail , hopefully someone with more experience will be able to provide a solution to actually removing the unwanted google apps instead of just disabling them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)