FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

December Update

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Demolition49, Senior Member on 3rd December 2019, 02:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
All other pixel devices got this months update but the 4 is left out? Any reason why?
3rd December 2019, 02:12 AM |#2  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition49

All other pixel devices got this months update but the 4 is left out? Any reason why?

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...uously-absent/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
3rd December 2019, 02:18 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...uously-absent/

I saw this article earlier but they seemed to have updated it, a week late and still no fix for the face unlock, I was hoping to sleep comfortably lol
4th December 2019, 03:34 AM |#5  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Quote:

I saw this article earlier but they seemed to have updated it, a week late and still no fix for the face unlock, I was hoping to sleep comfortably lol

How have you been surviving this past half decade, because someone could have unlocked the phone with your fingerprint while you were asleep?
The Following User Says Thank You to rajendra82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajendra82 Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 03:41 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra82

How have you been surviving this past half decade, because someone could have unlocked the phone with your fingerprint while you were asleep?

Haha... Yes it's possible. But generally if somebody touches my fingers/hands during sleep I'd notice it. Being asleep without anybody even touching you and getting in your phone is definitely not ideal. I use lockdown mode if really needed, but looking forward to the fix.
4th December 2019, 04:59 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:

Haha... Yes it's possible. But generally if somebody touches my fingers/hands during sleep I'd notice it. Being asleep without anybody even touching you and getting in your phone is definitely not ideal. I use lockdown mode if really needed, but looking forward to the fix.

why would you be sleeping in the same house with someone who may have malicious intent in unlocking your phone?
i thinks thats the more serious question to ask....
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to virtyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virtyx Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 11:30 PM |#8  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,105

More
For me, I hope the December update fixes my data connection issues I've been having since the November update. Also to fix the overlapping icons (as seen in the screenshot) when in fullscreen mode like Android Auto and playing media that's Motion Sense capable.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191204-165852.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	4894157

5th December 2019, 01:34 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtyx

why would you be sleeping in the same house with someone who may have malicious intent in unlocking your phone?
i thinks thats the more serious question to ask....

...dorm,army barracks etc. Everyone has a different life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crusht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crusht Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 01:50 AM |#10  
Flag NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Thanks Meter: 1,190

More
I found this little bit interesting. Looks like the 3 device update variations are grouped differently than last month. Still wondering if it's only modem or others differences. Lol

//
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL will start receiving the update next week, and Google has laid out what carriers each of the three builds will correspond to:

T-Mobile, Fi, EMEIA: QQ1B.191205.011

Japan & Taiwan: QQ1C.191205.016.A1

All other carriers: QQ1B.191205.012.A1
//

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusht

...dorm,army barracks etc. Everyone has a different life.

Yah, Hell just falling asleep in the break room at work on nightshift presents it's opportunities... Lol
5th December 2019, 03:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe

For me, I hope the December update fixes my data connection issues I've been having since the November update. Also to fix the overlapping icons (as seen in the screenshot) when in fullscreen mode like Android Auto and playing media that's Motion Sense capable.Attachment 4894157

What data connection issues? I've been having some of my own but I'm trying to see if it's something I did or what
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)