FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is the Pixel 4 XL from Best Buy bootloader unlockable?

7,307 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,637

By MicroMod777, Recognized Contributor on 21st October 2019, 12:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
21st October 2019, 05:59 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I am curious as well. Not sure yet, but I pre-ordered the unlocked version from BestBuy for pickup on the 24th, if it is not unlocked, I'm going to return it. I'll check when I get it (unless someone knows)
The Following User Says Thank You to matteosaeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matteosaeed Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 06:07 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4,637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteosaeed

I am curious as well. Not sure yet, but I pre-ordered the unlocked version from BestBuy for pickup on the 24th, if it is not unlocked, I'm going to return it. I'll check when I get it (unless someone knows)

Nice. Well I just ordered from Google directly. Didn’t want to take a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
21st October 2019, 06:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:

I did the same. Everything I've read for the 3a release says that the unlocked ones from Best Buy were also able to be bootloader unlocked.

Makes no sense for Google to treat this release any different, but Google does plenty of things that don't make sense. So I'm still hoping there's some logic here.
23rd October 2019, 10:01 PM |#5  
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Did you hear anything on your pre-order yet? Mine shows on the website "Pickup available on Release Date: Thu, October 24." but an email I just got shows "We were just informed that the fulfillment date for the item listed below has been updated to Friday, November 08, 2019.

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

We appreciate your patience, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®."
23rd October 2019, 10:12 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethere

Did you hear anything on your pre-order yet? Mine shows on the website "Pickup available on Release Date: Thu, October 24." but an email I just got shows "We were just informed that the fulfillment date for the item listed below has been updated to Friday, November 08, 2019.

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

We appreciate your patience, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®."

What was your order? Mine is still for pickup tomorrow, orange 64 🍊
23rd October 2019, 10:14 PM |#7  
Flag Central PA

More
Quote:

What was your order? Mine is still for pickup tomorrow, orange 64

Sprint XL White 64 GB. Yeah, the website still says pickup tomorrow so I'm hoping the email was just wrong.
23rd October 2019, 10:29 PM |#8  
Quote:

Sprint XL White 64 GB. Yeah, the website still says pickup tomorrow so I'm hoping the email was just wrong.

Hopefully it is wrong , what I suggest is contacting the Best buy customer service , mention the email and see if it's the matter of switching colors if they're short on the white one if you're open to that. I know that the phones are in stores now but they cannot release them till tomorrow
24th October 2019, 01:45 AM |#9  
Flag Alpharetta, GA
Thanks Meter: 269

Donate to Me
More
Well, good luck ordering from Google. Mine arrived today from google. Bootloader is not unlockable.
24th October 2019, 05:11 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by _litz

Well, good luck ordering from Google. Mine arrived today from google. Bootloader is not unlockable.

Wait what? what did you exactly get and how it is not unlockable?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Just got the email that order is ready for pickup.
24th October 2019, 12:52 PM |#11  
Flag Central PA

More
Quote:

Wait what? what did you exactly get and how it is not unlockable?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Just got the email that order is ready for pickup.

November 8th...ugh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)