FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pixel 4XL false laser alerts with face ID

1,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 215
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, this is a first.
I have escort 360c radar detector, my phone is sitting in a car mount.

Each time I wake the device and use face ID, my escort 360c scream "Laser Detected".

Anyone else have the same combination as myself and hitting the same issue?
24th October 2019, 11:49 PM |#2  
superchilpil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,427
 
Donate to Me
More
What you have in your car is a Radar detector, and your phone has a built in radar. So when the phone turns on the radar of course your radar detector would go off

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to superchilpil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superchilpil Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 11:53 PM |#3  
m.a.s.e's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Frisco, Texas
Thanks Meter: 215
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchilpil

What you have in your car is a Radar detector, and your phone has a built in radar. So when the phone turns on the radar of course your radar detector would go off

Make sense...... Submitted a case for Escort, to hopefully push firmware upgrade to ignore the phone.
25th October 2019, 05:14 AM |#4  
Senior Member
FL
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
I have this issue even with my Uniden R3 radar and Pixel 3 XL. When I had the Uniden DRF7, it was fine. So i just keep Laser off since it doesnt really help much anyways. if it goes off, you're screwed lol
25th October 2019, 05:18 AM |#5  
ChongoDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,929
 
More
I have my phone on a mount and every time I go for the windshield wiper switch it wakes the device. Haven't tried the radar detector yet.
14th January 2020, 12:10 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.s.e

Well, this is a first.
I have escort 360c radar detector, my phone is sitting in a car mount.

Each time I wake the device and use face ID, my escort 360c scream "Laser Detected".

Anyone else have the same combination as myself and hitting the same issue?

I have the same issue, face unlock sets off a laser alert every time the screen wakes.

Has Escort issued an update for this?
14th January 2020, 01:25 AM |#7  
m.a.s.e's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Frisco, Texas
Thanks Meter: 215
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurgia

I have the same issue, face unlock sets off a laser alert every time the screen wakes.

Has Escort issued an update for this?

i've contacted escort, they basically said nothing they can do and to disable laser if i want.
14th January 2020, 01:51 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.s.e

i've contacted escort, they basically said nothing they can do and to disable laser if i want.

I actually updated the firmware of the detector and it seems to have fixed it when I tested in the driveway. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I'm driving around.
14th January 2020, 09:53 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.s.e

i've contacted escort, they basically said nothing they can do and to disable laser if i want.

Firmware update did fix this for me. Haven't gotten a laser alert at all today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes