FORUMS

RCS not working?

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Some_Ghost, Member on 12th February 2020, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone else had RCS in Google messages stop working? All of the sudden it says chat features aren't available for my device...
12th February 2020, 11:59 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 7,402

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Ghost

Has anyone else had RCS in Google messages stop working? All of the sudden it says chat features aren't available for my device...

Depending on where you live, this might be your issue. 🙄

Google is killing off the RCS hack for unsupported countries https://www.androidcentral.com/googl...rted-countries
13th February 2020, 12:00 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
I live in America but my RCS was official I did not do the work around
13th February 2020, 12:30 AM |#4  
What is RCS

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
13th February 2020, 01:32 AM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 7,402

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwynjoshy

What is RCS

Really
Cool
Stuff.......... OR..........

This..https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...rcs-messaging/
😁😎
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 03:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,846

More
RCS is a poor excuse for a joke on Android users. It is not viable and will never be. Forget it and use some other platform for what you want like WhatsApp or Signal. One day you have RCS (whatever they claim it to be) and then you wake up and it's gone for good. That's why Apple is where it is, it works for everyone no hacks needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby janow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobby janow Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 12:29 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,140

More
RCS has been fine for me after a few hiccups. If it says connecting you could try switching to airplane mode and turning it off and that does the trick sometimes. If it doesn't work then you'd need to turn airplane mode on and force stop carrier services and clear data/cache. Then force stop messenger and clear data and cache and turn airplane mode off and launch messenger again and that will do it. RCS on the Pixel 4/4XL is actually being handled by Google vs our carriers this time around. So hopefully Google gets their act together and gets RCS to work for everyone without issues.
14th February 2020, 09:30 PM |#8  

More
Who in their right mind would do that? If it doesn't work bag it Google.
15th February 2020, 12:28 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
for some reason I had to reflash the factory image for February, this is a warranty replacement and out of the box it just was buggy but everything is perfect now
15th February 2020, 08:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

Who in their right mind would do that? If it doesn't work bag it Google.

People that aren't aboard the RCS hate train and don't want to use WhatsApp or other third party chat apps. I get it, you don't like RCS and I don't blame you. It's still in its infancy and will take some time to get up and running universally. It takes me a whole 20-30 seconds to do what I described in my post. I haven't had to do it for months now and RCS has been rock solid for me. Hopefully overtime it will be ironed out even further and it'll work how it's supposed to right out of the box without any tinkering.
15th February 2020, 01:31 PM |#11  

More
It's no so much the hate train as it is the lame train. If it doesn't work for everyone it doesn't work. Figure it out and then roll it out. How hard would that be to do? Yes, it's a novel concept but they should give it a try.

The point about doing the hack is that 99% of users would never do that. And the carriers could not care less and are working on their own implementation. So basically it's going nowhere. No hate just reality.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)