FORUMS

No TWRP, how do you backup/restore?

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By pdfruth, Member on 27th October 2019, 04:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please pardon my ignorance. I'm coming from my trusty [now nearly 5 year old] Nexus 6, running Android 8.
I feel a bit like I've fallen asleep under a tree, and have awakened to find everything has changed.

I was bummed to learn there's no TWRP available for our Pixel 4 XL, and probably won't be for some time [*1].
So.... what are you guys using to do full back/restore?

I ask because I recently found myself wanting a full NAND backup, after soft-bricking my Pixel 4 XL while trying to install a buggy Xposed Framework, which caused a bootloop [*2].

[*1] - https://twrp.me/site/update/2019/10/...ndroid-10.html
[*2] - https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/issues/376
The Following User Says Thank You to pdfruth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pdfruth Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 04:54 PM |#2  
Flag Westfield, In.
Thanks Meter: 432

More
I haven't done a nand backup in years. My full backup is 1) letting Google handle most of it 2) TiBu and SMS backup and restore. I have TiBu run backups of all of my designated apps and sync them with GDrive twice a week. It really makes doing a full wipe not really a big deal at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ridobe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ridobe Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 08:37 PM |#3  
Flag Tujunga, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I got bootloop with Xposed too and was tripping out since I haven't played with phones in years. Finally was able to reflash stock. Is there a stable version of Xposed to use for our phones?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]
27th October 2019, 08:59 PM |#4  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
Google's backup covers me well. Used to do Titanium Backup but the last time I did that was over 4 years now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
27th October 2019, 08:59 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx

I got bootloop with Xposed too and was tripping out since I haven't played with phones in years. Finally was able to reflash stock. Is there a stable version of Xposed to use for our phones?

Great question... one that deserves to be in a dedicated thread, as I think many of us could benefit from knowing the answer.
Edit: @eg1122 just started a new thread here

Quote:

Nice. I didn't know Tibu was still useful. When I saw it on play store it hadn't been updated in a while so I figured it was obsolete....had to dig up my pro license from the galaxy s2

Tibu wasn't working too well for me... that is until an update for V8.4.0 came out earlier today.
It was FC'ing whenever I'd try to open the app yesterday.
After today's update, it seems to be working for me.
18th May 2020, 01:48 AM |#6  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

I dont think xposed has caught up with android 10 yet
18th May 2020, 02:07 AM |#7  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecthenice

I dont think xposed has caught up with android 10 yet

I'm using edxposed just so I can use finger face
23rd May 2020, 12:24 PM |#8  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt503

I'm using edxposed just so I can use finger face

Can you point me in the right direction(xda threads) to getting that setup for myself? It's been a few years since I did anything without twrp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)