FORUMS

face unlocked stopped working?

1,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 392

By sruel3216, Senior Member on 1st January 2020, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So last night my face unlocked just stopped working. I deleted my face data and added it again and now it still doesn't work. It just says can't verify face. Anyone else experience this?
1st January 2020, 07:17 PM |#2  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruel3216

So last night my face unlocked just stopped working. I deleted my face data and added it again and now it still doesn't work. It just says can't verify face. Anyone else experience this?

Not just spontaneously as you described. It's happened to many ppl but usually immediately after they updated, or tried a custom kernel. If you are unlocked try re-flashing the last image (or probably just boot.img). If not, you could try flashing the latest OTA image via recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to v12xke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v12xke Ad-Free
1st January 2020, 07:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12xke

Not just spontaneously as you described. It's happened to many ppl but usually immediately after they updated, or tried a custom kernel. If you are unlocked try re-flashing the last image (or probably just boot.img). If not, you could try flashing the latest OTA image via recovery.

Im locked. Never unlocked or rooted. It hasn't worked ever after it stopped last night. Multiple face deletes and re-adds. Also haven't updated since last ota 3 weeks ago.
1st January 2020, 07:47 PM |#4  
Flag The Woodlands, TX

More
Quote:

Im locked. Never unlocked or rooted. It hasn't worked ever after it stopped last night. Multiple face deletes and re-adds. Also haven't updated since last ota 3 weeks ago.

...If not, you could try flashing the latest OTA image via recovery. You can find the OTA's and instructions on how to perform a "rescue OTA" on Google's Dev Site. I know it sucks not having FR because it happened to me playing around with a kernel that wasn't updated for December. I got FR back by flashing a different, updated kernel. Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out. No telling when you will get the next OTA!
The Following User Says Thank You to v12xke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v12xke Ad-Free
1st January 2020, 07:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

...If not, you could try flashing the latest OTA image via recovery. You can find the OTA's and instructions on how to perform a "rescue OTA" on Google's Dev Site. I know it sucks not having FR because it happened to me playing around with a kernel that wasn't updated for December. I got FR back by flashing a different, updated kernel. Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out. No telling when you will get the next OTA!

Ok il try that thanks!

It's just annoyed cuz my phone has been the same for weeks and never rooted. It began with a notification saying I needed to re-registered my face or it might now work. So I deleted and added and then it's never worked since
1st January 2020, 11:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I dont understand why i am getting this error:

PS C:\adb> adb sideload flame-ota-qq1b.191205.012.a1-59de0d4d
adb: failed to stat file flame-ota-qq1b.191205.012.a1-59de0d4d: No such file or directory

I have the file in the adb folder where i am launching cmd. adb devices shows my device ID and "sideload"
1st January 2020, 11:47 PM |#7  
Flag The Woodlands, TX

More
Quote:

I dont understand why i am getting this error:
PS C:\adb> adb sideload flame-ota-qq1b.191205.012.a1-59de0d4d
adb: failed to stat file flame-ota-qq1b.191205.012.a1-59de0d4d: No such file or directory
I have the file in the adb folder where i am launching cmd. adb devices shows my device ID and "sideload"

Make sure you have the correct image for your device. Flame is for the 4, not 4XL. If that is the correct image for you, most errors are caused by either 1) you are not using the latest adb/fastboot binaries. If you type adb version you should get a return of 29.0.5 (October 2019). or 2) you have multiple versions of adb on your machine and verifying the version as in #1 above will alert you to that. Even if you are in the same folder, if an older version is in your PATH statement it can/will cause issues. Good luck.

PS.. or you forgot to add the ZIP extension in your command? The image is a zipfile and you have to include the entire filename including the file extension. eg. flame-ota-qq1b.191205.012.a1-59de0d4d.zip
1st January 2020, 11:51 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Make sure you have the correct image for your device. Flame is for the 4, not 4XL. If that is the correct image for you, most errors are caused by either 1) you are not using the latest adb/fastboot binaries. If you type adb version you should get a return of 29.0.5 (October 2019). or 2) you have multiple versions of adb on your machine and verifying the version as in #1 above will alert you to that. Even if you are in the same folder, if an older version is in your PATH statement it can/will cause issues. Good luck.

Ahh it's prob 2). I have the 4 I just posted in XL cuz there is more activity.
1st January 2020, 11:54 PM |#9  
Flag The Woodlands, TX

More
Quote:

Ahh it's prob 2). I have the 4 I just posted in XL cuz there is more activity.

Ah, ok ... just remember the file extension too. Best of luck.
2nd January 2020, 12:24 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Ah, ok ... just remember the file extension too. Best of luck.

got it to flash. i forgot to add the .zip part when sideloading.

now to see if faceunlock is fixed

Edit: Faceunlock still doesnt work...

is there an app in settings that controls faceunlock that i can clear data/cache and force stop?
2nd January 2020, 12:51 AM |#11  
Flag The Woodlands, TX

More
Quote:

got it to flash. i forgot to add the .zip part when sideloading.

now to see if faceunlock is fixed

Edit: Faceunlock still doesnt work...

is there an app in settings that controls faceunlock that i can clear data/cache and force stop?

Not that I am aware of... it's the phone security so I'm sure it's encrypted and on the Titan M chip (but I don't know for sure). Some folks have had to do a factory reset to fix the issue, especially if BL locked. Highly unlikely next months OTA will fix your issue. Do you have the option of unlocking? If so, now would seem a good time because you're going to lose your data either way. Anyway, start backing your stuff up and it may be time for a FDR.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)