FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is worth doing a root??

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By oraned, Senior Member on 3rd December 2019, 07:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i ask myselfI Is worth doing a root?? pixel 4 xl?
Because of excellent sound without a root and a good camera even without a root so if there are other good things if I do a root??
3rd December 2019, 01:07 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oraned

i ask myselfI Is worth doing a root?? pixel 4 xl?
Because of excellent sound without a root and a good camera even without a root so if there are other good things if I do a root??

This might help you decide

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...ooted-t4004915
The Following User Says Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 03:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

This might help you decide

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...ooted-t4004915

Thanks
3rd December 2019, 04:22 PM |#4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 526

Donate to Me
More
I would wait until you get the Dec security update next week.
3rd December 2019, 05:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 411

More
If you are a Google Pay user, then rooting may not be worth it. Rooting will break Google Pay and while there can be ways to fix it, it will always be a battle.

If you don't use Google Pay, then I think rooting is great! I use it for these reasons:
- HBM (High Brightness Mode) - everyone complains about the Pixel 4 max screen brightness being too low, well HMB will push the max brightness higher than stock. (The Pixel 3a has the same lowered max stock brightness)
- Viper4Android - the BEST audio app there is
- Ad Away - block ads - even in apps - a real "must have"
- Youtube Vanced - remove ads from Youtube - this is a must have as well
- Active Edge Mod - set to OEM settings for everything but the camera. When using the camera I can press the active edge and it will activate the shutter. This really helps when holding the phone with one hand.
- ACC Controller - a battery charging mod that helps extend the overall life of batteries by changing the charging characteristics.
- Tasker - some things I need root for.
- I run a custom kernel (mainly to allow HBM, but I might get some increased battery life too)
- Magisk module Debloater to remove unwanted system apps (like Chrome because I use another browser).

With the Pixel 4, having the ability to remap the Soli gestures might be interesting too.

I know some people really get into the themes too, but I haven't tried it yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to sic0048 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sic0048 Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 09:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
If losing Google Pay is a deal-breaker, you can always purchase the Samsung Gear S3 watch. You can load your payment cards onto the watch via the Samsung Gear Pay plugin, then use the watch for all the payments. It's better than Google Pay imo because the S3 works with both magnetic stripe readers and newer NFC readers. It's rare to find a credit card terminal that the S3 can't work on, whereas GPay is about 50/50. (Note, the newest Samsung watch doesn't support magnetic readers).
4th December 2019, 02:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you
4th December 2019, 03:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048

If you are a Google Pay user, then rooting may not be worth it. Rooting will break Google Pay and while there can be ways to fix it, it will always be a battle.

If you don't use Google Pay, then I think rooting is great! I use it for these reasons:
- HBM (High Brightness Mode) - everyone complains about the Pixel 4 max screen brightness being too low, well HMB will push the max brightness higher than stock. (The Pixel 3a has the same lowered max stock brightness)
- Viper4Android - the BEST audio app there is
- Ad Away - block ads - even in apps - a real "must have"
- Youtube Vanced - remove ads from Youtube - this is a must have as well
- Active Edge Mod - set to OEM settings for everything but the camera. When using the camera I can press the active edge and it will activate the shutter. This really helps when holding the phone with one hand.
- ACC Controller - a battery charging mod that helps extend the overall life of batteries by changing the charging characteristics.
- Tasker - some things I need root for.
- I run a custom kernel (mainly to allow HBM, but I might get some increased battery life too)

With the Pixel 4, having the ability to remap the Soli gestures might be interesting too.

I know some people really get into the themes too, but I haven't tried it yet.

In my country motion not work so who the Pixel 4, having the ability to remap Soli gestures ghost work?
4th December 2019, 03:13 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

In my country motion not work so who the Pixel 4, having the ability to remap Soli gestures ghost work?

If you root, you can turn Soli on in countries where it isn't active by default. https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...ted-countries/
The Following User Says Thank You to sic0048 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sic0048 Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 04:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048

If you root, you can turn Soli on in countries where it isn't active by default. https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...ted-countries/

Because I do this in the past and it's don't work for me the ADB access denied
setprop failed to set property??
4th December 2019, 06:40 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Because I do this in the past and it's don't work for me the ADB access denied
setprop failed to set property??

If ADB access is denied, that is a different issue.

For one, make sure you are using the absolute latest version of ADB. If you had another Android phone prior to the Pixel 4 and are still using the ABD version you installed originally with the prior phone, it is out of date and won't work with the Pixel 4. You must upgrade the ADB to the latest versions to ensure it works with the Pixel 4 devices.

Also, you need root. I get the impression you haven't rooted your phone yet. If this is the case, then obviously those mods won't work until you actually root the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)