Because of excellent sound without a root and a good camera even without a root so if there are other good things if I do a root??
This might help you decide
If you are a Google Pay user, then rooting may not be worth it. Rooting will break Google Pay and while there can be ways to fix it, it will always be a battle.
If you don't use Google Pay, then I think rooting is great! I use it for these reasons:
- HBM (High Brightness Mode) - everyone complains about the Pixel 4 max screen brightness being too low, well HMB will push the max brightness higher than stock. (The Pixel 3a has the same lowered max stock brightness)
- Viper4Android - the BEST audio app there is
- Ad Away - block ads - even in apps - a real "must have"
- Youtube Vanced - remove ads from Youtube - this is a must have as well
- Active Edge Mod - set to OEM settings for everything but the camera. When using the camera I can press the active edge and it will activate the shutter. This really helps when holding the phone with one hand.
- ACC Controller - a battery charging mod that helps extend the overall life of batteries by changing the charging characteristics.
- Tasker - some things I need root for.
- I run a custom kernel (mainly to allow HBM, but I might get some increased battery life too)
With the Pixel 4, having the ability to remap the Soli gestures might be interesting too.
I know some people really get into the themes too, but I haven't tried it yet.
If you root, you can turn Soli on in countries where it isn't active by default. https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...ted-countries/
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|