FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is anyone else annoyed with all of the seemingly negative reviews everywhere?

1,411 posts
Thanks Meter: 497

By localceleb, Senior Member on 1st November 2019, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have told a few friends that I ordered a 4XL and they aren't really even gadget freaks and they all respond "Oh, why would you do that? Everyone says that phone sucks". I've read through most of the relevant posts on Reddit (real life reviews and not website articles) and it seems like the majority of the people commenting there are satisfied and are getting solid SOT. I am experienced Android user and know how to manage my device so I'm confident that I'll be satisfied with the battery (are people really ever without chargers anymore anyways).

Also, lots of people are sending back the phone because they can't justify the price...so why order it at all?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to localceleb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift localceleb Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 11:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by localceleb

I have told a few friends that I ordered a 4XL and they aren't really even gadget freaks and they all respond "Oh, why would you do that? Everyone says that phone sucks". I've read through most of the relevant posts on Reddit (real life reviews and not website articles) and it seems like the majority of the people commenting there are satisfied and are getting solid SOT. I am experienced Android user and know how to manage my device so I'm confident that I'll be satisfied with the battery (are people really ever without chargers anymore anyways).

Also, lots of people are sending back the phone because they can't justify the price...so why order it at all?

It's annoying. I've had my phone for a week now and I love it. Haters going to hate
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to evocalante For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evocalante Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 12:03 AM |#3  
Flag Timrå
Thanks Meter: 2,078

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evocalante

It's annoying. I've had my phone for a week now and I love it. Haters going to hate

No further comments needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191101-230311.png
Views:	1962
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	4863363  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xFirefly93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xFirefly93 Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 12:46 AM |#4  
Flag Loveland, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 196

More
I'm coming from the s10+ and couldn't be happier with the Pixel 4xl. I love it! 100% agree with the two posts right above mine.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thunderwagn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thunderwagn Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 01:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I think every year some people want Google to focus on putting everything in a phone including the kitchen sink similar to Samsung but that doesn't translate into a great user experience and is far from Google's philosophy. It's similar to how generally every year people talked about how the iPhone upgrade sucks yet they sale like hotcakes. There are plenty phones with high ram, curved screens, hole punch display etc but on the surface people looking at a sheet of paper will say the phone sucks but after using for a few you will understand the smooth simple consistent user experience. Many reviewers use the phone and find it boring because it's harder to sell and explain the idea of user experience over a higher number on a piece of paper. I have a 4 XL and the phone is great. The other Pixels were plagued with similar negativity also. My battery absolutely last me through the day and as more people post true positive experiences, true battery test etc the negativity will subside.
The Following User Says Thank You to manners400 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manners400 Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 01:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Coming from the Pixel 2xl, and have had many many devices back to the Evo 4g, this is by far the smoothest, cleanest, seamless experience thus far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrcrptguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrcrptguy Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 02:08 AM |#7  
Flag Toronto Ontario
Thanks Meter: 69

More
This year alone I've had the Xiaomi Mi 9T, OnePlus 7 Pro, Galaxy S10E and Galaxy Note 10 and now the Pixel 4 XL. Pixel is the best phone hands down. I'm a regular guy (user) who uses their phone like 90% of you all. The smoothness, camera and battery are better in my use then all the devices I listed. I love all these big name YouTube reviewers and watch them to get informed on devices before I buy them but they've all ruined their credibility after all this Pixel bashing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoccoN4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoccoN4 Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 03:16 AM |#8  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
I like this review that's real and true. For those hating on the phone, "The Google Pixel 4 XL wasn't made for you".

https://youtu.be/q-6x1kjSMrk

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EeZeEpEe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EeZeEpEe Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 05:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by localceleb

I think it's because Google failed to impress in many ways. The Pixel 4 is such a disappointment. I really like stock Android. I've had 3 Google phones in a row (Nexus 5, Nexus 5X and currently a Pixel 2 XL). I have always upgrades phones every two years so I was ready for an upgrade. Now I don't know what to do. At this point I'm leaning towards trying to hang on for another year and hope the Pixel 5 isn't a disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFirefly93

No further comments needed.

Your battery life is very atypical compared to all other reports. How is that even possible.
2nd November 2019, 07:15 AM |#10  
Flag Northern Mexico... AKA South Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,654

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv1983

I think it's because Google failed to impress in many ways. The Pixel 4 is such a disappointment. I really like stock Android. I've had 3 Google phones in a row (Nexus 5, Nexus 5X and currently a Pixel 2 XL). I have always upgrades phones every two years so I was ready for an upgrade. Now I don't know what to do. At this point I'm leaning towards trying to hang on for another year and hope the Pixel 5 isn't a disappointment.

Your battery life is very atypical compared to all other reports. How is that even possible.

What exactly is a disappoinment about the 4XL?
2nd November 2019, 07:41 AM |#11  
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 12,581

Donate to Me
More
I love my pixel 4 XL. Haters gonna hate..I'll take my opinion over them

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)