FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone else already have a crack on the side where the antenna lines are?

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ksams, Junior Member on 7th November 2019, 03:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone is about 14 days old. Already have a crack along the antenna line. love the phone otherwise and just want to know if anyone else has the issue. I always have it in a case.
7th November 2019, 04:33 AM |#2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 404

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksams

My phone is about 14 days old. Already have a crack along the antenna line. love the phone otherwise and just want to know if anyone else has the issue. I always have it in a case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=yyqNR6W_MUQ

Don't know what kind of case you have. I bought the tech 21 it's really rigid. I won't be sitting on this phone lol. In the video he use an awful lot of force I'd never put that kind of force on my phone.
7th November 2019, 04:57 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfu11

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=yyqNR6W_MUQ

Don't know what kind of case you have. I bought the tech 21 it's really rigid. I won't be sitting on this phone lol. In the video he use an awful lot of force I'd never put that kind of force on my phone.

I have a case that is more on the soft side but I haven't really done much to my phone besides put it in my pocket.
7th November 2019, 08:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Wow that is so sad! I saw Jerry rigs strength test and it cracks during the bend test at 4 points where the antenna is. Oh god this phone is a nightmare then
7th November 2019, 08:40 AM |#5  
www.whymacsucks.com
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Well.. send it it since you still have warranty?
7th November 2019, 11:06 AM |#6  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,105

More
Let's see how widespread an "issue" this is really going to be. I bet it won't be at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
7th November 2019, 12:41 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 7,757

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksams

I have a case that is more on the soft side but I haven't really done much to my phone besides put it in my pocket.

Was it your back pocket?
7th November 2019, 02:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I smell a troll that saw a youtube video! LOL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bitwiser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bitwiser Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 08:26 PM |#9  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I called support yesterday after reading the reports. Tier 1 rep went to Tier 2 to find out. He claimed that this would be covered by warranty barring other evidence of accidental damage - ie; fired from a cannon directly into a woodchipper. I guess I can't play hacky sack with the thing.
7th November 2019, 08:53 PM |#10  
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100rabh7791

Wow that is so sad! I saw Jerry rigs strength test and it cracks during the bend test at 4 points where the antenna is. Oh god this phone is a nightmare then

Why exactly does that make this phone a nightmare? The pressure they put on this phone in the test is WAY more than anyone would typically put on it. Put it in your back pocket and sit down, probably, but that would likely be any phone. I've had a ton of different phones, and never, ever had one bend. Even my Blackberry pearl, EVO, or nexus s. Those were way before phones were very sturdy. I seriously doubt most folks will bend this phone.
7th November 2019, 09:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinwicked

Why exactly does that make this phone a nightmare? The pressure they put on this phone in the test is WAY more than anyone would typically put on it. Put it in your back pocket and sit down, probably, but that would likely be any phone. I've had a ton of different phones, and never, ever had one bend. Even my Blackberry pearl, EVO, or nexus s. Those were way before phones were very sturdy. I seriously doubt most folks will bend this phone.

he forgot this wasn't a reddit post.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyddr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joeyddr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)