FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Pixel 4 Dual SIM Support

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By louiskkchan, Junior Member on 16th October 2019, 02:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it the same as Pixel 3a? DSDS? or DSDA as per rumor in Feb https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...ual-sim-rumor/ ?

I found this incomplete doc from T-Mobile eSIM settings: Google Pixel 4. It mentioned '10 profile'. Would this a doc copied from iPhone and it is not completed?
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-41557
16th October 2019, 04:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,839

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiskkchan

Is it the same as Pixel 3a? DSDS? or DSDA as per rumor in Feb https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...ual-sim-rumor/ ?

I found this incomplete doc from T-Mobile eSIM settings: Google Pixel 4. It mentioned '10 profile'. Would this a doc copied from iPhone and it is not completed?
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-41557

Same as the 3a. That's a very old article when they were talking about DSDS on the P3 which never came to be with one IMEI. As for DSDA here's the quote from the first article which should help clarify it for you. The P4 does not have two radios either.
Lastly, there’s Dual SIM, Dual Active (DSDA), in which both SIM slots can be actively used for calls, texts, or data simultaneously. Although the Pixel 3 doesn’t have the hardware to support DSDA (it lacks a second radio)....
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby janow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobby janow Ad-Free
17th October 2019, 03:40 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How many IMEI provisioned on pixel 3a? Android police have a post showing 2 IMEI labeled on pixel 4 XL retail box.
18th October 2019, 11:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 899

More
The 3a has two, it was updated to DSDS in software a little while back.
22nd October 2019, 11:08 PM |#6  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 412

More
FWIW, there is an article on Ars about how Google is going to not only support DSDS on the P4s, but actually enable them if you're on Fi (I am).

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...works-at-once/

I pre-ordered my Flame through Fi, 'financing' it over 2 years, and it arrived today. As soon as I opened it, I popped the instructions, and this is what it says in there:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_170601.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	4852661  
23rd October 2019, 12:11 AM |#7  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It works, I activated it with my T-Mobile physical SIM and Project Fi eSIM. I was very excited to finally have this for about 2 hours, then I found out it broke my visual voicemail. WHYYYY GOOGLE WHYYY must you always ruin everything with some bizarre quirk?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdmogren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdmogren Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 12:48 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmogren

It works, I activated it with my T-Mobile physical SIM and Project Fi eSIM. I was very excited to finally have this for about 2 hours, then I found out it broke my visual voicemail. WHYYYY GOOGLE WHYYY must you always ruin everything with some bizarre quirk?

I'll bet it broke RCS too.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby janow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobby janow Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 01:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
It has to do with carrier provisioning. With most dual SIM phones there's an option where you can choose which SIM is used for voice, data and texts. You need to make sure your line with visual voicemail is utilizing the same service for data also. There is same issue with MMS which will hinder any group text capabilities. I have been trying to figure it out for years. Inhave found best use scenario for me is to keep everything on primary line and switch to data on a need only basis with second SIM. Voice and texts will still work with second SIM whenever needed.

Sent from my SM-F900U1 using Tapatalk
23rd October 2019, 02:23 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnytoo2

It has to do with carrier provisioning. With most dual SIM phones there's an option where you can choose which SIM is used for voice, data and texts. You need to make sure your line with visual voicemail is utilizing the same service for data also. There is same issue with MMS which will hinder any group text capabilities. I have been trying to figure it out for years. Inhave found best use scenario for me is to keep everything on primary line and switch to data on a need only basis with second SIM. Voice and texts will still work with second SIM whenever needed.

You've had dual SIM phones for years? Which ones, just curious. Were any of them esim?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)