Originally Posted by StrangerWeather
I saw this TechRadar article today: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/google-pixel-5
"Everything we hope Google will add to the Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL"
1. Expand the Google Pixel 5 battery
2. Bring back the fingerprint scanner
3. Add an ultrawide lens to the Pixel 5
4. Give the Pixel 5 a microSD slot
5. Stick with the weird design
Apart from 1, I'm not bothered with any of these. I'd quite like to see an improved implementation of soli gestures.
I'd rather not have a fingerprint scanner as they are prone to accidental touches.
What would be your wishlist for the Pixel 5 / 5 XL?
Having had Google phone since the Galaxy Nexus days (and upgrading every two years), the Pixel 5 needs:
- larger battery, about 4500 mha at least
- bring back FP scanner, whether it be on the back or under the screen (Qualcomm 865 SD chips have support for this or improved it's design)
- must have a competitive camera vs other flagships
- minimum storage starting at 128 GB
- have an affordable battery replacement program for those that had their phones for 1.5 to 2 years, or have authorized vendors so that the phone can retain its IP68 rating
- priced aggressively to move phones (release price and BF price should be the same)
- carry forward quality design (screen, camera, etc.)
- continue progress with SOLI's development
- make the phone easier to repair (don't pull an Apple)