Remove All Ads from XDA

January images

9,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,969

By Badger50, XDA Ad-Free Forum Moderator on 6th January 2020, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The factory images are up my friends. Go pick what you need

https://support.google.com/pixelphon...24852169?hl=en

Added bonus: Here is a link to the January stock boot and magisk patched boot.img's
This is for the global build #QQ1B.200105.004

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dgh...w?usp=drivesdk

PS: I used stable magisk 20.2 to patch the boot.img
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 08:37 PM |#2  
Flag Crawley
Thanks Meter: 384

Donate to Me
More
Dey Up Bruv...
Im downloading mine already <3
6th January 2020, 10:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Only 1st january, not 5th?
6th January 2020, 11:25 PM |#5  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 13

More
can confirm Jan update works with magisk root and ed_xposed. Thanks for updating us with the update availability!
7th January 2020, 12:47 AM |#6  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

The factory images are up my friends. Go pick what you need

https://support.google.com/pixelphon...24852169?hl=en

Added bonus: Here is a link to the January stock boot and magisk patched boot.img's
This is for the global build #QQ1B.200105.004

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dgh...w?usp=drivesdk

PS: I used stable magisk 20.2 to patch the boot.img

Hi, and thx.
But can u share a small how-to, for updating, step by step? Just wanna be sure that I on the right way.
7th January 2020, 01:16 AM |#7  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapapunk

Hi, and thx.
But can u share a small how-to, for updating, step by step? Just wanna be sure that I on the right way.

In a nutshell: This is how I do it. Others MMV
1. Make sure platform-tools are up to date. The latest is 29.0.5. And use a USB A to USB C cable.

2. Download factory image, extract it, extract the image.zip, move boot.img to your phones internal storage.

3. Disable all magisk modules and substratum themes, remove face ID and reboot.

4. Patch the stock boot.img, and move the patched.img to your pc platform-tools folder, then turn phone off.

5. Move all your necessary factory image files to your platform-tools folder: bootloader, radio, the still zipped image.zip and the flash-all.bat file for Windows machines. Using notepad or whatever, edit the flash-all.bat file and remove the -w from the script, leaving a single space between the remaining words, save your edit.

6. Put phone in bootloader mode, and plug it into your pc. Open a command prompt {See 6A} on your platform-tools folder, type in: fastboot devices. If your device is recognized with it's ID, your good to go. Then, what I do is go into my platform-tools folder and double click the flash-all.bat file to start the process. Let it finish, and let your device boot up.
6A. For Win 10 users. Open a command prompt by typing "cmd" in the search box, then open the prompt. You'll see C:\Users\<your name> with the flashing cursor. Then type "cd" then hit the space bar. Then drag and drop your completed platform-tools folder in the command line, and let it populate. Then hit enter, and now you can issue your fastboot commands

7. Once it boots ok with the update, turn phone off, and go into bootloader mode. Connect to pc, and fastboot the patched boot.img to both slots with..
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot=all
And let it boot up with root.

8. Then start enabling your magisk modules a couple at a time. Be warned, sometimes, not all magisk modules play nicely with monthly updates, so take it slow. Luckily, January is cool with the @Tulsadiver mods, and the Active Edge mods from what I've seen.

9. And there ya go. Ok....so it was a little bigger than a nutshell!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 04:52 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 899

More
When doing the above flashing use an A to C, not the supplied cable. If you're already in a flash failure with the supplied cable grab an A to C and flash again without doing a factory reset or taking any other actions to try and get it up; this will usually get it booting as if the first flash was successful.

Edit... I know you would have put it in there if you'd remembered Badg, it's hard to remember every little speed bump when whipping up a set of instructions like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krabman Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 07:59 AM |#9  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 155

More
@Badger50
Ok, thx.
But what about this guide? On my pixel 2xl this method worked great. Will it work on 4xl?
7th January 2020, 08:02 AM |#10  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

In a nutshell: This is how I do it. Others MMV
1. Make sure platform-tools are up to date. The latest is 29.0.5. And use a USB A to USB C cable.
2. Download factory image, extract it, extract the image.zip, move boot.img to your phones internal storage.
3. Disable all magisk modules and substratum themes, remove face ID and reboot.
4. Patch the stock boot.img, and move the patched.img to your pc platform-tools folder, then turn phone off.
5. Move all your necessary factory image files to your platform-tools folder: bootloader, radio, the still zipped image.zip and the flash-all.bat file for Windows machines. Using notepad or whatever, edit the flash-all.bat file and remove the -w from the script, leaving a single space between the remaining words, save your edit.
6. Put phone in bootloader mode, and plug it into your pc. Open a command prompt on your platform-tools folder, type in: fastboot devices. If your device is recognized with it's ID, your good to go. Then, what I do is go into my platform-tools folder and double click the flash-all.bat file to start the process. Let it finish, and let your device boot up.
7. Once it boots ok with the update, turn phone off, and go into bootloader mode. Connect to pc, and fastboot the patched boot.img to both slots with..
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot=all
And let it boot up with root.
8. Then start enabling your magisk modules a couple at a time. Be warned, sometimes, not all magisk modules play nicely with monthly updates, so take it slow. Luckily, January is cool with the @Tulsadiver mods, and the Active Edge mods from what I've seen.
9. And there ya go. Ok....so it was a little bigger than a nutshell!

You're an absolute legend mate, thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AhsanU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AhsanU Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 10:35 AM |#11  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapapunk

@Badger50
Ok, thx.
But what about this guide? On my pixel 2xl this method worked great. Will it work on 4xl?

Nothing wrong with that either. It was written by Mr. Magisk himself. However, that is mostly for OTA's that I never use. I prefer updating by factory images
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)