FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

November update disabled Motion Sense

2,460 posts
Thanks Meter: 575

By virtyx, Senior Member on 5th November 2019, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i updated my P4XL today for the nov sec patch

and now my motion sense says its unsupported in this country?
im from Australia but im in NewZealand at the moment so i am unsure if this is related.
5th November 2019, 04:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 849

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtyx

im from Australia but im in NewZealand at the moment so i am unsure if this is related.

Did you use the A3 image?
5th November 2019, 07:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy76

Did you use the A3 image?

I let system updates update my phone and yes I'm on a3
5th November 2019, 11:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
A simple one, you don't have Battery Saver on do you? It disables Motion Sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to palexr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palexr Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 01:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palexr

A simple one, you don't have Battery Saver on do you? It disables Motion Sense.

i'm on A3 and it works fine, note that anytime you restart your phone motion sense will get disabled automatically, u need to re-enter those commands in the terminal to make it work again :
setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
setprop ctl.restart zygote

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtyx

i'm on A3 and it works fine, note that anytime you restart your phone motion sense will get disabled automatically, u need to re-enter those commands in the terminal to make it work again :
5th November 2019, 01:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
They aren't in the officially "whitelisted" countries, yet. You can most likely try the workaround to enable it.
https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...upported-apps/
The Following User Says Thank You to cliffr39 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cliffr39 Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 03:22 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39

They aren't in the officially "whitelisted" countries, yet. You can most likely try the workaround to enable it.
https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...upported-apps/

Strange
It was working fine on Octobers patch...
6th November 2019, 01:35 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta3b

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Are you sure the persist property is not enough? The persist property should not change across reboots.
6th November 2019, 01:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixeling

Are you sure the persist property is not enough? The persist property should not change across reboots.

i honestly didn't try the persist property alone, i'll try it on my next reboot, several users reported though that rebooting their pixel will cause motion sense to get disabled and they need to re-enter the commands
6th November 2019, 02:22 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta3b

i honestly didn't try the persist property alone, i'll try it on my next reboot, several users reported though that rebooting their pixel will cause motion sense to get disabled and they need to re-enter the commands

That's why the persist property is there. I shall try that when I arrive at a country where it is not supported. But in general I can confirm the property persists after reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeling For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pixeling Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 08:10 PM |#11  

More
I can confirm that my motion sense gets disabled despite the persistent property is there. I'm on November 5th, and setting the non persistent property together with zygote restart solves the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)