November update disabled Motion Sense

Search This thread

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So i updated my P4XL today for the nov sec patch

and now my motion sense says its unsupported in this country?
im from Australia but im in NewZealand at the moment so i am unsure if this is related.

palexr

Jul 11, 2009
A simple one, you don't have Battery Saver on do you? It disables Motion Sense.

Reactions: Paz9

sta3b

Nov 2, 2019
A simple one, you don't have Battery Saver on do you? It disables Motion Sense.

i'm on A3 and it works fine, note that anytime you restart your phone motion sense will get disabled automatically, u need to re-enter those commands in the terminal to make it work again :
setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
setprop ctl.restart zygote

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

So i updated my P4XL today for the nov sec patch

and now my motion sense says its unsupported in this country?
im from Australia but im in NewZealand at the moment so i am unsure if this is related.

i'm on A3 and it works fine, note that anytime you restart your phone motion sense will get disabled automatically, u need to re-enter those commands in the terminal to make it work again :

Pixeling

Nov 2, 2019

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Are you sure the persist property is not enough? The persist property should not change across reboots.

sta3b

Nov 2, 2019
Are you sure the persist property is not enough? The persist property should not change across reboots.

i honestly didn't try the persist property alone, i'll try it on my next reboot, several users reported though that rebooting their pixel will cause motion sense to get disabled and they need to re-enter the commands

Pixeling

Nov 2, 2019
i honestly didn't try the persist property alone, i'll try it on my next reboot, several users reported though that rebooting their pixel will cause motion sense to get disabled and they need to re-enter the commands

That's why the persist property is there. I shall try that when I arrive at a country where it is not supported. But in general I can confirm the property persists after reboot.

Reactions: Paz9

Pixeling

Nov 2, 2019
I can confirm that my motion sense gets disabled despite the persistent property is there. I'm on November 5th, and setting the non persistent property together with zygote restart solves the issue.

Jul 10, 2012
Auckland
I'm a Kiwi in NZ with P4XL and motion sense is geo blocked from functioning for me also, but I'm willing to bet once you fly back to Oz it will start working for me too ;-D

Top Liked Posts