FORUMS

pixel 4XL in comparsion with onePlus 7 pro

614 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By I7210I, Senior Member on 3rd February 2020, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello
i'm fan of pixels AKA nexus years, i have now the pixel 2 xl that last battery time about 7 hours screen on and around one day+14hours idle, i guess it's include the screen on, when the pixel 3 xl was out i saw that the battery MEH was less than the 2 XL plus it doesn't had much more improvements that must to upgrade , now i see the 4 XL and feels the same , specialy when i read here about the battery times,
i wounder what is your recomendation about new device? is it the onePlus 7T pro? is it the pixel 4XL with the updates?? something else?
for example the 7T PRO have much bigger battery , 2 sim cards, but in the other hand the selfie camera is something that can be broke...so maybe the 7 pro?!
or again, something else,

Thank you
4th February 2020, 03:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
+Physical
-Oneplus is too heavy
-curvy screen, screen glared in front of sun light. Hard time to apply a screen protector.
-curvy back, does not feel good using with case.
+Software
-ram consumption is too high. 6gb varignt does not play good unless you use custom rom(AOSPA android).
-while OOS got praised by YouTubers but most devs hate them and jump to custom rom. You should know the reason.
-kernel source is not available on the day one unlike pixel device.
+Camera sucks ( gcam will fix but you have to test different 100 apks)
Etc
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keaheng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keaheng Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 09:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaheng

+Physical
-Oneplus is too heavy
-curvy screen, screen glared in front of sun light. Hard time to apply a screen protector.
-curvy back, does not feel good using with case.
+Software
-ram consumption is too high. 6gb varignt does not play good unless you use custom rom(AOSPA android).
-while OOS got praised by YouTubers but most devs hate them and jump to custom rom. You should know the reason.
-kernel source is not available on the day one unlike pixel device.
+Camera sucks ( gcam will fix but you have to test different 100 apks)
Etc

see these
actualy the problems for me is that the pixel 4XL battery is not such big (even compare to pixel 2 xl , 180 MEA),
two sims (not a big deal let's say)
Fast battery charging 30W VS Fast battery charging 18W
both of them have 6GB RAM so whats the difference?
4th February 2020, 04:07 PM |#4  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I7210I

see these

actualy the problems for me is that the pixel 4XL battery is not such big (even compare to pixel 2 xl , 180 MEA),

two sims (not a big deal let's say)

Fast battery charging 30W VS Fast battery charging 18W

both of them have 6GB RAM so whats the difference?

You compared the 7T. I believe the OP was taking about the 7T Pro. And it's 8GB RAM vs 6GB RAM.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
4th February 2020, 04:09 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 54

More
It all depends what you want in your phone. I had a 2XL and got the 7 Pro, and traded the 7 Pro for 4XL. For me, the 7 Pro battery and display were amazing, but I really missed the camera software from Pixels. The battery and display are better on the 7 Pro compared to 4XL.
4th February 2020, 10:14 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplesindian

It all depends what you want in your phone. I had a 2XL and got the 7 Pro, and traded the 7 Pro for 4XL. For me, the 7 Pro battery and display were amazing, but I really missed the camera software from Pixels. The battery and display are better on the 7 Pro compared to 4XL.

so as far as i read the 4XL is not perfect, i mean there is no finger print (well, will get a long) but the main thing is the battery that as you wrote in 7PRO is better,
on the other hand the camera is better in 4XL,
back than..at the time of the 2 XL it was easyer to decide to buy it, than the 3XL didn't make any big improvments, the battery was actualy the same ( i have till now 7 hours of screen), no big news back than, now the 4 XL is almost the same thing, it's even go back...battery is not so big jump than the 2 XL, no finger print , wide angle camera, even the charging is not the fastest among others, it's make the decision feels bad and not so easy, the pixel per inch is the same as 2XL.
even the galaxy S10 is at the above level, what is wrong here?
4th February 2020, 10:56 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:

so as far as i read the 4XL is not perfect, i mean there is no finger print (well, will get a long) but the main thing is the battery that as you wrote in 7PRO is better,
on the other hand the camera is better in 4XL,
back than..at the time of the 2 XL it was easyer to decide to buy it, than the 3XL didn't make any big improvments, the battery was actualy the same ( i have till now 7 hours of screen), no big news back than, now the 4 XL is almost the same thing, it's even go back...battery is not so big jump than the 2 XL, no finger print , wide angle camera, even the charging is not the fastest among others, it's make the decision feels bad and not so easy, the pixel per inch is the same as 2XL.
even the galaxy S10 is at the above level, what is wrong here?

It all depends what you want in a phone. I didn't buy the 4XL at launch for the same reasons as you:
No wide angle (didn't use it on the 7 Pro)
No fingerprint (face unlock is wayyyyyyyyy better)
Battery and no warp charge (the 4XL with EX Kernel lasts me the day)

If you want latest hardware specs, get the 7 Pro
If you want a solid camera and best software user experience, 4XL

This is just my opinion, we live in a great time right now. You have a lot of choices and just need to weigh the pros and cons. For me, I'll never doubt the stock Google experience.
5th February 2020, 08:05 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplesindian

It all depends what you want in a phone. I didn't buy the 4XL at launch for the same reasons as you:
No wide angle (didn't use it on the 7 Pro)
No fingerprint (face unlock is wayyyyyyyyy better)
Battery and no warp charge (the 4XL with EX Kernel lasts me the day)

If you want latest hardware specs, get the 7 Pro
If you want a solid camera and best software user experience, 4XL

This is just my opinion, we live in a great time right now. You have a lot of choices and just need to weigh the pros and cons. For me, I'll never doubt the stock Google experience.

Thanks,
i have today 7 hours with stock rom ans stock kernel, is it will be the same at the 4XL or i need to make any modifications?(rom/kernel) for that?
about the camera, it is the same as the 2XL?
and why is the faceunlock is better than fingerprint? faceunlock is request camera..more battery

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
5th February 2020, 08:57 AM |#9  
www.whymacsucks.com
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:

Thanks,
i have today 7 hours with stock rom ans stock kernel, is it will be the same at the 4XL or i need to make any modifications?(rom/kernel) for that?
and why is the faceunlock is better than fingerprint? faceunlock is request camera..more battery

I get 8h SOT on stock ROM and believe a custom Kernel/ROM could even improve that.
Eventhough I get 8h SOT I ddecided to disable some features and apps... probably didn't help much but I feel somehow more reliefed now
5th February 2020, 09:00 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utini

I get 8h SOT on stock ROM and believe a custom Kernel/ROM could even improve that.

Eventhough I get 8h SOT I ddecided to disable some features and apps... probably didn't help much but I feel somehow more reliefed now

the Soli is not working in all the world anyhow so maybe disabling that would give something,
any how , the camera in compare to pixel 2 xl is the same?

5th February 2020, 11:44 AM |#11  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:

Thanks,

It's a Pixel, of course it's not the same as 2XL, it's even better. If you have the 2XL, the 4XL will feel like a significant upgrade. Remember this is 2 years later, newer SoC, fresh Android 10, face unlock doesn't take up much more battery. Don't worry so much, just get the phone lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oneplus 7, oneplus 7t pro, pixel4 xl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)