FORUMS

Already unlocked bootloader on my pixel 4 XL

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By elsamuraiguapo, Member on 21st October 2019, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Followed the same instructions here: https://www.the***********.com/unloc...el-3-xl-guide/
and it worked. I know this is probably obvious to everyone on this forum, but just in case anyone was wondering if the version from google was easily unlock able out of the box, it is. I was able to get the device early as a product advocate. Being that not a lot of people on XDA have the device yet, I may be the first person to unlock their Pixel 4 XL?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20191020_213321_HDR_LI.jpg
Views:	1630
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	4850811  
21st October 2019, 07:51 AM |#2  
samteeee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamuraiguapo

Followed the same instructions here: https://www.the***********.com/unloc...el-3-xl-guide/
and it worked. I know this is probably obvious to everyone on this forum, but just in case anyone was wondering if the version from google was easily unlock able out of the box, it is. I was able to get the device early as a product advocate. Being that not a lot of people on XDA have the device yet, I may be the first person to unlock their Pixel 4 XL?



Thanks for the info, excellent news for Verizon subscribers with Pixel 4!
21st October 2019, 03:45 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Rock Hill
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Not from THAT link....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
21st October 2019, 04:09 PM |#4  
ZeroKool76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
I don't understand what you need a link for. Isn't it like every other device? Turn it on fastboot mode, hook up to your PC, check to make sure it's read, type in fastboot oem unlock, boom. Am I missing something?
21st October 2019, 04:27 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool76

I don't understand what you need a link for. Isn't it like every other device? Turn it on fastboot mode, hook up to your PC, check to make sure it's read, type in fastboot oem unlock, boom. Am I missing something?

Sometimes it's about the peace of mind to make sure it's being done properly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SinisterXReaper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SinisterXReaper Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 05:54 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Rock Hill
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool76

I don't understand what you need a link for. Isn't it like every other device? Turn it on fastboot mode, hook up to your PC, check to make sure it's read, type in fastboot oem unlock, boom. Am I missing something?

Why put the link in there if it's not a valid link?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
21st October 2019, 06:21 PM |#7  
MicroMod777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4,668
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samteeee

Thanks for the info, excellent news for Verizon subscribers with Pixel 4!

The Verizon version will be locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MicroMod777 Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 11:05 PM |#8  
MishaalRahman's Avatar
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,136
 
More
Have you tried booting Magisk on it yet?
22nd October 2019, 04:29 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Did you have to turn it on and enable OEM unlocking in Developer options first or nah?
22nd October 2019, 01:36 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 548
 
Donate to Me
More
did you try root it ?
mine is coming today
it shipped last night before i went to bed lol
22nd October 2019, 01:47 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
please system dump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes