FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Call quality

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,805

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 9th July 2019, 10:15 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you call granny, does she keep saying "Huh?! Wut?!" or does the conversation flow pretty well? Rate this thread to express how you feel about the 's call quality. A higher rating indicates that calls are clear and crisp, and that regardless of background noise, you can hear the other party clearly (and with ample volume) and they can hear you.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 11:23 PM |#2  
Dodgertown
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Pixel 4 XL / Sprint / Southern California

- WiFi calling sounded really bad. Was told I sounded like I was under water.
- VoLTE sounded not as bad. QWas told I sounded like I was on the radio in the 80's.
- CDMA old school regular network sounded amazing.

Not sure why I'm not having success with these "upgraded" calling techniques. But, whatever, CDMA it is.
27th October 2019, 09:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides

Pixel 4 XL / Sprint / Southern California

- WiFi calling sounded really bad. Was told I sounded like I was under water.
- VoLTE sounded not as bad. QWas told I sounded like I was on the radio in the 80's.
- CDMA old school regular network sounded amazing.

Not sure why I'm not having success with these "upgraded" calling techniques. But, whatever, CDMA it is.

Same here, I was told I sounded underwater on wifi
28th October 2019, 02:09 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Pekin, IL via Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,244

Donate to Me
More
I haven't talked to anyone on WiFi, but one thing, signal didn't drop in some areas here that other devices always drop out on
30th October 2019, 02:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've been told that on speakerphone, I sound awful. Muffled and underwater sounding. Apparently, when holding the phone instead, I sound fine.
30th October 2019, 05:41 AM |#6  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,065

More
I haven't had any complaints with speakerphone on WiFi calling and mobile network. My phone is on Sprint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
1st November 2019, 09:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Overall I was told I sounded clear over WiFi and also while on speaker phone however when I was in the car on speaker phone someone did say it sounded funny (I was kind of fidgeting and holding the phone weird though)
1st November 2019, 09:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
The weird thing is that video and audio recordings sound fine. I just seem to have trouble with speakerphone. Someone on Reddit who seems to be having similar issues to me speculated that it's aggressive microphone noise cancellation on calls, which I guess could possibly be the case. I just tried calling a landline on speakerphone and it sounded fine, but this is a different environment (quiet office as opposed to city apartment) compared to where I usually have had problems. It happens for me with both Wifi Calling on and off, and with speakerphone off it sounds fine, so it doesn't seem to be a signal issue.
5th November 2019, 01:56 AM |#9  
Forum Moderator
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 610

More
ok speakers needs dual front facing with that ugly ridiculous forehead
8th November 2019, 06:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Call quality is really nice with Verizon!
I don't like Verizon but the HD voice is what it is

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 10:52 PM |#11  
Flag London, U.K.
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
No issues here in UK with Three. I now have WiFi calling, something I missed with my Pixel 2 XL. HD calling is superb, loud and crisp 👌🏻
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)