FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,895

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 9th July 2019, 10:15 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the , all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
28th July 2019, 11:39 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just got mine and all I can say is I love it more than every other phone I got. The camera is what sold me
The Following User Says Thank You to bigogofthewest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigogofthewest Ad-Free
29th July 2019, 08:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigogofthewest

I just got mine and all I can say is I love it more than every other phone I got. The camera is what sold me

Are you talking about the Pixel 4 XL here???
4th August 2019, 05:08 AM |#4  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:

How can you have bought a phone that has not even been announced yet? It's not even schedule to come out until mid to late October. I think you might be confused.
30th August 2019, 06:39 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I liked the 3rd part more
21st September 2019, 01:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Im really looking forward for this phone!
29th September 2019, 09:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Do you mean the Pixel 4 XL? But it's said that Google will launch its Pixel 4 series in October later this year.
20th October 2019, 01:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
here are my impressions of the phone - i only have it two days so opinion might change.

Pros
Camera fantastic as always - posted some samples in the other thread
Build quality feels like a premium device. love the way it feels - i still use the fabric case though
Display is amazing, smooth, colors vibrant, had no issues in the direct sunlight.
Very fast, it's the first phone where i didn't change animations to .5 - i kept it in default
its charging pretty fast
Speakers are definitely loud but the device doesn't vibrate like P3 used to
Assistant is for sure smarter and faster

Cons
its heavy and hard to handle at times - please note i use the fabric case so it added some weight to it
Motion sense to me is more of a gimmick and so far i found a bug, for example i am at the gym and i want to skip the song, it actually just replays the current song, hopefully this is an isolated issue
Battery life not so great i get around 6-7 hours of SOT but fb and instagram were draining my battery - i restricted them now
Notifications preview. So they are not present at least with the face unlock on. what i mean by it is this - the phone is next to me and i receive an email or a message. which means i can't double tap in order to see it, i have to pick up the device, unlock it then decide to act on it. I would prefer a double tap and being able to see a message, but that's just me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catchawabbit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift catchawabbit Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 02:52 PM |#9  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchawabbit

Notifications preview. So they are not present at least with the face unlock on. what i mean by it is this - the phone is next to me and i receive an email or a message. which means i can't double tap in order to see it, i have to pick up the device, unlock it then decide to act on it. I would prefer a double tap and being able to see a message, but that's just me.

Isn't there an option to still see and interact with the lockscreen with face unlock on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
20th October 2019, 03:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:

here are my impressions of the phone - i only have it two days so opinion might change.

Pros
Build quality feels like a premium device. love the way it feels - i still use the fabric case though
Display is amazing, smooth, colors vibrant, had no issues in the direct sunlight.
Very fast, it's the first phone where i didn't change animations to .5 - i kept it in default
its charging pretty fast

Cons
its heavy and hard to handle at times - please note i use the fabric case so it added some weight to it
Motion sense to me is more of a gimmick and so far i found a bug, for example i am at the gym and i want to skip the song, it actually just replays the current song, hopefully this is an isolated issue
Battery life not so great i get around 6-7 hours of SOT but fb and instagram were draining my battery - i restricted them now

6-7hrs SOT, over the span of a day, is quite acceptable to me. Thank you for this summary. 👊😎

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe

Isn't there an option to still see and interact with the lockscreen with face unlock on?

I thought there was an option, using soli. If you brought your hand over the device, it would light the screen up and then when you took your hand away it would turn back off. Kind of like Ambient on demand
23rd October 2019, 04:14 AM |#11  
Flag South Bend
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Pros
its charging pretty fast

Cons

Great review. Mine just showed up today but I refuse to use it until the case gets here tomorrow. I actually love the weight. It feels like a quality piece of equipment. So far the only thing I've done with it is dropped it on my wireless charger to top off the battery. I haven't even turned it on yet, but I'm a bit concerned. It's been on my dock for about 5 hours and has only gone from 64% to 94%. I know they don't fast charge unless its a Pixel stand, but holy crap.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)