FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,840

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 9th July 2019, 10:15 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
22nd October 2019, 01:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
8 hours 30 minutes, not bad. And it seems like this is on 90hz.

https://youtu.be/gLXO-jeJlTQ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crusht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crusht Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 10:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusht

Dream on. No way is there 8 hours on screen time in real life usage
22nd October 2019, 11:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:

While I don't believe you would get that amount of SOT over a prolonged period, it does point out that raw mah isn't everything.
23rd October 2019, 02:05 PM |#5  

More
I agree it won't get that much in real life. I am curious however how the SOT will be for people that will not use the radar, no AOD and possibly even no face unlock, stay on 60hz and just want a great camera, good speed and latest assistant and have the best Google ecosystem experience. I am that kind of user.

I looked at the 3axl but it is noticeably slow and I need a fast phone for different work needs.
23rd October 2019, 02:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:

I agree it won't get that much in real life. I am curious however how the SOT will be for people that will not use the radar, no AOD and possibly even no face unlock, stay on 60hz and just want a great camera, good speed and latest assistant and have the best Google ecosystem experience. I am that kind of user.

I looked at the 3axl but it is noticeably slow and I need a fast phone for different work needs.

no doubt, those conditions that you just stated should save a substantial amount of battery life. My 6T is 3700mah and I get around 6-8hrs sot(depending on usage) no reason to think the pixel can't achieve that with superior software.
23rd October 2019, 02:34 PM |#7  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Got the phone yesterday, charged all the way up before turning on at about 5pm. Went to bed about midnight. Galaxy S2 watch connected around 7 pm. Did setup, some netflix, and typical messing around with a new phone. Didn't screen shot it, but when I was going to bed last night, I had 4h03M SOT with 47% left. I don't expect it to translate to 7hrs or anything, but it seems better than my previous Note 9 and S8+.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PuffinNugz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffinNugz Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 02:39 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinNugz

Got the phone yesterday, charged all the way up before turning on at about 5pm. Went to bed about midnight. Galaxy S2 watch connected around 7 pm. Did setup, some netflix, and typical messing around with a new phone. Didn't screen shot it, but when I was going to bed last night, I had 4h03M SOT with 47% left. I don't expect it to translate to 7hrs or anything, but it seems better than my previous Note 9 and S8+.

Roger that on the N9! My wife's N9 looses a minimum of 10% overnight at idle. Shoot, my Chevy suburban with 6 people going uphill at 75mph gets better mileage! 😂😂😂
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 06:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I got the phone yesterday and charged it too 100% and my screen on time was 6hrs 5 Mon with 9% left. I don't get why the negative battery comments and reviews so far. 6 hours is more than enough.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pix4xl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pix4xl Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:12 PM |#10  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 19

More
First cycle with dynamic 90hz no point of forcing always to 90hz. Most social media apps. Tg and duo suck a lot of battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191023-131646.png
Views:	1802
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	4853707  
23rd October 2019, 09:03 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevtrejo37

First cycle with dynamic 90hz no point of forcing always to 90hz. Most social media apps. Tg and duo suck a lot of battery.

How was the duo quality for you and the other person?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)